Status
    Not open for further replies.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Nobody has said anything about this, is it really bad? (the black lines are wedges, not holes/shadows)
    Well there isnt much to comment on at the moment really.
    Might want to put something at the intersections of the Hallways, or is it the interior of a Station and you've yet to build the outside? Are those tubes just Hallways, or is there rooms in them?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Nobody has said anything about this, is it really bad? (the black lines are wedges, not holes/shadows)
    I won't say its bad. I'd say its not interesting. I forgot which category its for. It looks abandoned but if its not then it needs either blue or red for the faction it represents. I like the idea of incorporating power into the "solar panels". It needs more than just the corridors connecting it all. Imagine what would be on the outside. Machinery, support systems, random pipes. Something there would look better than a rectangle. Get what I'm saying?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Commodore
    Although it show potential, at the moment the only impressive part of this station is the solar panels, which are very good. The colors are boring, there is little detail, and it is very flat. Try adding some piping and a few more floors, and also some more colour, like warning stripes in the hangers. Overall try to make it less uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    In the tubes there are three floors, two of which are just tunnels, and one which has rooms. Although it's pretty small, it's already big and confusing on the inside. Just off the top of my head there are ~32 crew quarters, 2 science labs, 2 mess halls, a hospital, engineering rooms, toilets, showers, 2 recreation rooms (one has a giant chessboard, which should be playable if you can remember what the plants represent) and 6 hangars which are visible.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's a great start... If I might give some creative criticism though?
    You have three dimensions to work with , why not add some upper and lower levels? It adds interest to the design.
    You seem (just from this one picture) to have a random arrangement of hangars connected by an random network of hallways. Architecture is about story telling. What is the purpose of this base? Who lived here and what did they do for a living? What facilities did the base need to function? Did it need a reactor for energy? Did the crew require tanks of gasses and fluids to survive? Did they need any special machinery or rooms to do their jobs? Did the crew have recreational needs? Did they dine together? Were they civilian or military? Scientists? Miners? Traders? Did they entertain customers, bosses or ambassadors? Was this station, perhaps, a front for some other less obvious function? Did they have the leisure time to sit and look out the windows at the stars? Did they live here, commute in daily, or send the occasional maintenance crewman once every six months? Did they send in reports or phone home? Did they consider the dangers of pirate attack, and respond by building shield generators and turrets? Each hallway should be a path between something the crew did, and the thing they did next. Each hole between the hallways is an opportunity for a room, machine , elevator, or mysterious object.

Tell yourself the story of your station and it's crew. Then tell us their story through the architecture.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In the tubes there are three floors, two of which are just tunnels, and one which has rooms. Although it's pretty small, it's already big and confusing on the inside. Just off the top of my head there are ~32 crew quarters, 2 science labs, 2 mess halls, a hospital, engineering rooms, toilets, showers, 2 recreation rooms (one has a giant chessboard, which should be playable if you can remember what the plants represent) and 6 hangars which are visible.
    Aaah! Well there you go! Show us some of the interior coolness! The exterior of the station doesn't do it justice.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is not bad, but not very interesting either.
    Everything repeats over and over again. The connections (hallways) could be more interesting in 3D.

I guess you will get more likes once you add color, 2 interior rooms and some details...

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Day 2 of the Trading Station~

Added armor, some more structure, it looks more solid... And I added a WIP part. The big brown fuel tanks.

Any ideas on how to make logic-operated doors with faction permissions that can be opened from both sides?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, how do you want them to open, Zeno? If you want it automatic, set up area trigger fields on either side of the door? Otherwise have Faction Perm'd activator blocks that are crosslinked to one another and connected to the door.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Use area triggers 1 block above the floor (floating in the air) and step-on triggers on the ground.
    If area triggers activate and step on do not activate before, the player has no gravity.

Use area triggers (invisible) or step-on (only for players with gravity) on both sides of the door connected to the same area trigger controller -> 1 activator -> door blocks.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I suppose automatic seems like something easier to do. I do hope area triggers are a bit less derpy now.

EDIT: Finished everything besides that sweet logics. Allow me to melt your eyes with my trading station:

It even has highly volatile fuel tanks. *booooom*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The focused part is about 100 meters out of the over 300 the station currently is wide. The red lights you can spot in the background are part of a cargo rail system that goes through the entire station.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Last edited:
    Reaction score

Trade station. Might need more blue. I also regret going with white, as white is horrible when used in bulk.
    Well, personally, I don't mind the white at all. :)
    But as you say, a bit more blue for faction determination is not a bad idea. Might help to lessen the white overload ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.