Status
    Not open for further replies.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations

So I started on a trade guild station a few hours ago, and this is the result thus far. (Do note, nowhere near finished. It still needs a lot of docks and fuel tanks)

Well, mechanical/industrial interiors are usually pretty dark and gloomy, while the exterior hull can be as shiny as hell.

It really depends on the purpose of the station how the interiors should feel. Abandoned stations should be pretty dark and gritty. Trading stations, on the other hand, should be well-lit. Pirate stations can be both, depending on how much they like cleaning and dusting off their lamps.

Examples of a dark-ish and a well lit interior (And shameless self-promotion);
    (I couldn't find a better one to express what I meant >.<)

Grates are also grate for decoration. (huehuehue)
    That's it, this one better win. Original, creative. It looks pretty damn good. I'll be giving that a try when it is done.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That's it, this one better win. Original, creative. It looks pretty damn good. I'll be giving that a try when it is done.
    There is something oddly familar about this one, I just can't place my finger on it.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    There is something oddly familar about this one, I just can't place my finger on it.
    Funny, I just made that design up from the top of my head, like I usually do. (I almost never look at concept art, but the circle thing in the middle might be reminiscent of Killzone design elements)

Reaction score
    Funny, I just made that design up from the top of my head, like I usually do. (I almost never look at concept art, but the circle thing in the middle might be reminiscent of Killzone design elements)
    These are the ships I mentioned.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs23/i/2007/332/6/3/Killzone_2__Earth_Fleet_by_commanderlewis.jpg

Ok they are not exactly alike but I said it reminded me of your station. Of course this is not to be taken as a criticism. Your station is awesome. ;)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Was mid way through building a hanger when I decided to totally redo the style hah. Tell me what ya guys thing cause I can always go back to the other design.

And it is Isanth friendly but also easily modable for longer ships

Reaction score
    Was mid way through building a hanger when I decided to totally redo the style hah. Tell me what ya guys thing cause I can always go back to the other design.

Love the menacing feel it breathes. Keep up the art! :D

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    it says error after the upload gets to 100% so I cant show pics
    Or reduce the size of your images. StarMadeDock can't generally cope with a full-scale screen cap. I use "Irfanview" to batch-rescale my screen captures. (800x600 works)

Last edited:
    Reactions: DrTarDIS

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius

That looks amazingly dangerous. Very menacing!

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Status
    Not open for further replies.