CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Tranquility Station is my submission for the station contest. I started building really late unfortunately so it’s a last minute submission.

The station is part of the neutral faction. So basically an abandoned station. However I see this station more as mothballed.
    It’s in perfect order just stripped of all equipment. The only thing left are the power and shield systems.

Because of that I made the interior mostly gray scale and the power and shield systems a bright primary color. They really pop out that way.
    If a player claims this station there should be plenty of room to add to it or even improve it.

The Link can be found here:

http://starmadedock.net/content/tranquility-station-contest.1070

This is really beautiful. Great job.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No hard feelings. I can see how you could misinterpret it if you missed the useful bit, the rest would seam rather harsh then.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Tshara : You really need to change the exterior lighting to yellow. Right now it looks a bit to much like a trade guild station with all that blue.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm a bit worried about the SIZE of my station. It's under 300 in all dimensions, well under in one. I think I did a good job of making it look good without being massive, but I guess time will tell.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I'm a bit worried about the SIZE of my station. It's under 300 in all dimensions, well under in one. I think I did a good job of making it look good without being massive, but I guess time will tell.
    I wouldn't worry about it because from the original post it says

"Max size: 600m x 600m x 600m; This includes the size of your docking zones (keep in mind that the station has to render relatively well on all hardware.)"

~ShinNoir

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, yes, that reminds me. Another thing I probably should've said weeks ago. Remember, "all hardware" includes cruddy Intel graphics chips. We don't want the majority of people (that don't have impressive or even decent graphics cards) avoiding stations just like they currently avoid planets. Don't shoot for 600x600, or even 300x300, if not necessary. Massive, monolithic abandoned stations, sprawling pirate constructs, and large mall-like trading guild stations are fine if the design suits/calls for it, but don't make things big just for the sake of big; depending on your design, there's a point where "impressive" ends and "just big for its own sake" starts. (That said, don't make the mistake a certain person did and submit a tiny two-floor cylinder either; that isn't what we're going for here.)

This applies even more with interiors. If you have a massive, empty interior, there's a point at which "ominous and cavernous" ends, and "huge, endless-looking, and boring" starts. Of course, aesthetics are a big part of this (Massive arched roof with sparse lighting vs. massive gray box, for instance) but still, if you have a huge interior inside your shell, there's no reason why you shouldn't make a smaller interior enclosure substantially smaller than the outer hull, which also gives you the opportunity to do cool things with wall and ceiling stylization/shaping.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I've finished the finishing touches on my station as the submission window begins to reach closing time. I'm proud to release my creation onto the world now. I present...

...the Asteroid Station.

For more information on the station, visit the upload page.

Reaction score
    I did not get to finish this in time, ah well :(, Neutral submission. A couple friends helped me the past few hours but we didn't get too much progress on it. The contest was fun! I was too ambitious, and I got excited with the new lighting changes and blocks.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I did not get to finish this in time, ah well :(, Neutral submission. A couple friends helped me the past few hours but we didn't get too much progress on it. The contest was fun! I was too ambitious, and I got excited with the new lighting changes and blocks.

I can't say I agree with the amount of shield units I see on that first image, but that looks amazing nonetheless. Post it anyway.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Holy shit... this. You've got some real potential here, I'd be glad to see this finished. I'm not sure if this is appropriate for the contest, but hot damn, I wouldn't fuck with a faction that had this as it's base.

And is that an Alliance Dreadnought I see in the last picture?

Reaction score
    The lighting effects on that are awesome, also, based on twitter, we may be getting an extra week.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Reaction score

Jesus H Chirst, that looks more like Dubai than a station. I doubt it'll be added but still it gets my vote.

All doise stations, all doise hamboigas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2

please finish it anyway, it looks amazing

Status
    Not open for further replies.