CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    It's an American standard format.
    Also as of now from my understanding, the deadline is midnight UTC-12 meaning exactly 13* hours remaining.

*Bad at mathing right now (REALLY BAD)
    Should be 14 hours.
    Code:
    $ date --rfc-3339 seconds
    2014-08-12 23:16:07+02:00
    @Tshara: Very nice. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Haha, I'm sorry for the confusion I caused. I did some (actually all) miscalculations. There actually are just under 14 hours left. :eek: :confused: :( ... :) ;) (11 more hours of awesomeness more than I initially thought, yay! :) )

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Tranquility Station is my submission for the station contest. I started building really late unfortunately so it’s a last minute submission.

The station is part of the neutral faction. So basically an abandoned station. However I see this station more as mothballed.
    It’s in perfect order just stripped of all equipment. The only thing left are the power and shield systems.

Because of that I made the interior mostly gray scale and the power and shield systems a bright primary color. They really pop out that way.
    If a player claims this station there should be plenty of room to add to it or even improve it.

The Link can be found here:

http://starmadedock.net/content/tranquility-station-contest.1070

Wow, this is really awesome. Well done.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Ok, so there are about 13 hours and 30 minutes remaining in the contest? That would be about 7 AM EST tomorrow, correct?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    there is a timer on the forums page,only 1 hour and 35 minutes left

EDIT* umm,i have no idea,every time i refresh,time changes haha
    now its 4 days and 13 hrs,but now its 13 hrs and 25 min :P

Reactions: Dalmont

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    ...if there was a reasonable way to switch all the lights off and add light switches.
    The only workaround I figured out was to have the activation module built first and selected with "c", then place all the lights that should be connected to that switch AFTER so they are selected and bound by default.
    Since activation modules can be chained together, you can pre-build a bank of lights bound to a module, copy/pastah, and then place a few more activation blocks around and connect them together to "wire" the permissioned switch(s) into the lightbanks.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I set the timer up, you can see when the contest ends from the forums main page and portal.

Reaction score
    WAAAAIT! I have my submission for the trade guild!:

Link here:
    (soon)
    + I did this with 12 seconds to spare, suspecting it ended at 12:00 GMT, thanks Obama for rushing me XD I really hate Schine's personified A** right now, its so late here

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    there are soo many great stations,its sad to think that even one of them might not get in the top 15.
    well,... this is the last day people,it was fun :) ,i wish you all good luck :D

:D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Rhyunix :Sorry whoever you are, but that station just seems, how shall I put it, messy? We were trying to get rid of the old stations for a reason (mainly because they were outdated) and we wanted to use the new blocks to their full extent, and you somehow managed not to do that. Seriously, your station needs to look more streamlined, because as it is right now, I don't think anyone actually wants to see it in the game by default (I know I don't).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    @Rhyunix :Sorry whoever you are, but that station just seems, how shall I put it, messy? We were trying to get rid of the old stations for a reason (mainly because they were outdated) and we wanted to use the new blocks to their full extent, and you somehow managed not to do that. Seriously, your station needs to look more streamlined, because as it is right now, I don't think anyone actually wants to see it in the game by default (I know I don't).
    Definitely agreed. I wasn't going to say it, but... I'm about half a centimeter away from doing what I rarely do and posting completely unconstructive criticism. That station is indeed messy, and for the last time, NEEDS WEDGES. Also, even with wedges, it's probably the most underwhelming station in the contest. Though I know almost for a fact that it won't win, try adding some solar panels and stuff along with the WEDGES, just for the sake of having your own neat-looking personal station blueprint.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Definitely agreed. I wasn't going to say it, but... I'm about half a centimeter away from doing what I rarely do and posting completely unconstructive criticism. That station is indeed messy, and for the last time, NEEDS WEDGES. Also, even with wedges, it's probably the most underwhelming station in the contest. Though I know almost for a fact that it won't win, try adding some solar panels and stuff along with the WEDGES, just for the sake of having your own neat-looking personal station blueprint.
    yeah,and i mean.. that station is the size of our small gas tank currently instaled on our pirate station haha, :P

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7

whatever not everyone is a great builder (including myself) if he want to try something out let him be ...

Reaction score
    yeah,and i mean.. that station is the size of our small gas tank currently instaled on our pirate station haha, :p
    By the way, do you have some kind of lore on yours? Is that thing between the two thingies an asteroid or a cloud of particles because there are some ships magically under construction, or something entirely different?

(Oh, and it still needs more red!)

whatever not everyone is a great builder (including myself) if he want to try something out let him be ...
    Golden rule: If you want useful criticism, don't ask people who tend to agree with you/like you. I think FunnyBunny14's post was rather useful.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    By the way, do you have some kind of lore on yours? Is that thing between the two thingies an asteroid or a cloud of particles because there are some ships magically under construction, or something entirely different?

Golden rule: If you want useful criticism, don't ask people who tend to agree with you/like you. I think FunnyBunny14's post was rather useful.
    only neutral lore,that is our beautiful asteroid,and drills on the sides,and pirate isanth that "crashed" on the asteroid :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7

humm lol ? i don't get it just saying it wasn't a useful critic

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I didn't mean it harsh, and it was useful. I said the station needed to look more streamlined. It was a bit too blocky.
    This is an example of not useful criticism:
    "That is rubbish!"
    And it just is an example so everyone knows what me not giving useful criticism looks like.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I didn't mean it harsh, and it was useful. I said the station needed to look more streamlined. It was a bit too blocky.
    This is an example of not useful criticism:
    "That is rubbish!"
    And it just is an example so everyone knows what me not giving useful criticism looks like.
    ho well maybe i take it wrong if u just want to help him i guess its ok lol don t mind me lol sometimes i can t understand properly im french (canadian)

Status
    Not open for further replies.