CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    woah .. really nice floating stone :D
    Is it done all by hand or did you use a tool for that part ?
    Or did you grab a stone from the garden and copied that ?

I wanted to do an asteroid base thingy myself ... but now i am slightly depressed that mine will not look even half way as good as yours or the one that Ki11aWi11 posted. --- but i guess i will do it anyway ... its so obvious to do with all the asteroids floating around in StarMade ;)
    I own 3DS Max and made my own asteroid model. If the contest weren't so short, I would have considered making it by hand. But, with only 3 weeks that was pretty much my only route.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I own 3DS Max and made my own asteroid model. If the contest weren't so short, I would have considered making it by hand. But, with only 3 weeks that was pretty much my only route.
    ok ... no idea how to use that ;) .. i might have to go with the "stone from garden" aproach :P

Reaction score
    • Tester
    YibYag ... try "procedural background" off in the games starter option menu

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I kind of set everything to max and half is still blacked out...
    Anyway, this is my neutral station. Save for lighting it has no interior. Meant to be a sort of a shipyard...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    It looks like you have shadows turned on? It might just be the shadow of your station cascading the other end.

Reaction score
    ok ... no idea how to use that ;) .. i might have to go with the "stone from garden" aproach :p
    If you're unfamiliar, you can always watch tutorials on youtube, download the trial version, and make a blob. It wouldn't be hard for a basic asteroid.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    If you're unfamiliar, you can always watch tutorials on youtube, download the trial version, and make a blob. It wouldn't be hard for a basic asteroid.
    ... Or use Blender, its full version is free regardless :p

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    look in blueprints/exported/the name you specified with "/save mystationname"

Quite wrong bro. "/load mySavedStation myIngameStationName" is how you import a .sment file. Sector saves are for when the positioning REALLY matters, like a station wrapped around a shop, or a Dyson sphere.
    oh. I figured there two different files for ships and stations. Makes the most sense really.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I kind of set everything to max and half is still blacked out...
    Anyway, this is my neutral station. Save for lighting it has no interior. Meant to be a sort of a shipyard...
    I think its dynamic shadows. If it rendered the shadows as far as your actual visual range it would probably impact performance so it only goes up to a certain point. I don't know if turning them off would help get a better picture.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    my second station,abandoned station ,heavy work in progress still,started 2 hours ago,i want it to look unfinished,like some trade group started building a factory,but now its abandoned,and now smugglers use it for black market.. :) what do you think?
    Yup. It's clear now.

Nobody stands a chance anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.