Cloaking, an Anthology

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Regarding cloaking bases, how would you get around the icon on the map giving away your bases location:?
    Uh, with a Radar Jammer?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449437995,1449437848][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I agree on Dire Venom and Blodge - most of it was suggested by me earlier too (maybe with more explanation...)

Small static mines should be able to cloak easier than small moving torpedoes.

Stations could be buffed by giving them a singularity-power-reactor (ships can't use it because it's locked onto a sun's distance and rotation).
    Just lore-wise, it would use the same blocks tough.
    Maybe above certain size of an reactor-block-array.​
    The same singularity-power would penalize the station when it wants to cloak.
    Basically a station could choose between superb power or cloak.​
    If you want to stop a vary large space station from cloaking, I don't think you need to add in an extra feature. You just make it that the power requirements to cloak a power generation system with a very high output are actually higher than the amount of power it can put-out.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you want to stop a vary large space station from cloaking, I don't think you need to add in an extra feature. You just make it that the power requirements to cloak a power generation system with a very high output are actually higher than the amount of power it can put-out.
    I don't want to stop it. just giving a penalty for it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't want to stop it. just giving a penalty for it.
    Well, as the power output gets closer to the soft-cap imposed by the requirement to keep it cloaked, the less "spare" power you have to supply to other things. In other words, if you're almost at the limit of power output that can be cloaked, then you can't use your power for much else other than the cloak. There's your penalty and soft-cap (should it be desired) all in one.