Clan RATO [Disbanded]

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A very old ship from the Clan has been refitted, now with the new point-defense turrets, usage of pentas/tetras and re-made systems.
    The Watchdog is back in service.

Also, due to the lack of content and things to do in the game, (the fact that almost every single major faction on EE is inactive is a reason as well, lack of things happening) we will be mostly playing other games intead of Starmade. We will be watching the server from a distance and return if something interesting happen.

Small note : The first post has been updated with a couple of images as well
    The game needs more content.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Unfortunately, due to real life, I could'nt made into the Blood and Stell tourneament. But once my exams on my university are over, I seek to return activity on EE, soon. I'm trying to buy a new graphics card as well, for better experience and handling of future situations, since I can't do that thing right, as I stated here.

Well, hopefully we will be appearing more on the community soon.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The problem on our homebase on EE was not solved, and therefore we decided to leave it and establish a brand new homebase, which is under construction (yet halted). With the docking problems solved, I've decided to re-open recruitment, however, we are not being active on EE, but currently on a build server, preparing and working on our ships, getting our whole fleet standards ready. So, for now, the people that get recruited will be headed to such server while we are in this situation. Other goals are setting up our own default outposts for spawning into EE, using cheap materials ; and doing basic combat training to the new ones at Starmade.

Also, here's a bonus, a recruitment poster, starring the Kodiak.

Credits to FlyingDebris that made this one and other posters dedicated to other medium sized factions.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well, bump news.
    Due to Elwyn's reset, we are going back to active duty inside that server and will interrupt all activities being made on secondary servers.

Reaction score
    IGN : Evillich
    For how long have you been playing SM : started about half year ago
    Previous factions : none
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : the place where i can rest and use\give some help

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    IGN : Evillich
    For how long have you been playing SM : started about half year ago
    Previous factions : none
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : the place where i can rest and use\give some help
    Welcome to the clan.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Evolution of the Orion fighters used by the Clan.
    Left to right ->
    [ MK II ] - 10/2013 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ MK III ] - 05/2014 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ MK IV ] - 01/2015

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Use imgur, it really does just make things simpler.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    A temporary banner has been added to the thread. Here is the full-size version.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It's been a while that I don't post anything here, so let's bump with some info.

Freedom Station already has a total functional factory, yet the construction is still in progress and the whole structure is a mess. There are still a lot of sections planned from the draft remaining, and also detailing work to be done. This is the current situation :

We're getting more people (roster update comming soon) and improving the faction's infrastrucutre.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    With the update, we are having to refit all ships to accommodate the new system.
    Also, I announce that, after taking a time to judge it's merits, we will be using a docking system that is compatible to the USD Type 1. However, unlike what was shown on the thread, I will make those docks to be hidden by moving plates of the ship's hull, that gets opened when it's time to dock - yet, that demands the station to posses at least a reasonable length of the docking arm (perhaps 10 blocks long). I will also suggest that condition to be considered a standard together with the system itself, so there will be no chance of incompatible stations.

We are also working on a community project as well at the NFD's Build server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IGN :Grantuia245
    For how long have you been playing SM : Just over 6 months
    Previous factions :None as of yet
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : Learning even more tricks ingame/in combat, friendly "teammates" and fun moments :).

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    IGN :Grantuia245
    For how long have you been playing SM : Just over 6 months
    Previous factions :None as of yet
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : Learning even more tricks ingame/in combat, friendly "teammates" and fun moments :).
    Accepted, PM has been sent with adittional info.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Some inactivity from my part due to Real Life pain, but, there are plans...

Clan RATO is establishing a foothold on Shattered Skies server.
    We will still be on Elwyn, with Battlemaster FrozenSteel as a regional leader. Once we grow up on this new server with a specific membership from there, an regional leader for it will be indicated, but for now, I'll be overseeing the operation there personally.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Official note regarding the implementation of the USD Type 1 docks into the Clan's ships :

We are making the new dock modules on our larger vessels it in a way that the dock is hidden by a part of the hull, in order to counter the cosmetic downpoints brought by the standard. That still makes docking to stations possible, but removes the ship-to-ship docking possibility, unless if a third-party small "bridge ship" is used.
    We encourage other factions to use this standard rather then each one developing it's own, so it would be easier to make friendly faction-faction relations and activities.

Last edited:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    We are now on a restructuring phase, it's time to refit our ships, finish what's unfinished, and only then, we will get to activity on the public servers (EE and SS).

For that, we're looking mainly for people who are more inclined to building then getting in action, since this work will take a while.

Reaction score
    IGN : Panik (or Panik Attak)
    For how long have you been playing SM : ~2months
    Previous factions : none (no multiplayer experience)
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : Kinda new to the game, doing a lot of ship building in single player, I'd like to find a group to play with that can give me some pointers/critiques on building and ease into the multiplayer aspects. Seeing as your Clan is in a transition phase, it seems like a good fit for me.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    IGN : Panik (or Panik Attak)
    For how long have you been playing SM : ~2months
    Previous factions : none (no multiplayer experience)
    What do you expect from Clan RATO : Kinda new to the game, doing a lot of ship building in single player, I'd like to find a group to play with that can give me some pointers/critiques on building and ease into the multiplayer aspects. Seeing as your Clan is in a transition phase, it seems like a good fit for me.
    Accepted. Adittional info has been sent.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Plans on Shattered Skies have been halted. We are scouting and analyzing GenXNova to see if it's a reliable server to host our operations.