Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or you could have different drone types with repair or stop or powerdrain or something.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Or you could have different drone types with repair or stop or powerdrain or something.
    Yep, the rack can very easily be customized with different drones. But for that to work well I'll have to wait on AI fleet mechanics.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    crap man. did you have to re-do all the systems
    luckily no, since there aren't any systems in the ship yet :p. And when I do add them I'll make sure that it can easily be refit.

However, I'll have to completely refit the systems on the giant turret, which is going to be a pain. But I'm also going to take the occasion to add gigantic missile pods on the sides, something I've always wanted to do (and it'll fit better with the smaller turrets).

On a different topic, I just visualized a new back for the ship that potentially looks a lot better than what I currently have... I don't like the back of the ship much atm and what I'm thinking would need a fairly massive remodeling of the entire back section. It would mostly fix the stuff that's bugging me.

I also made the drone rack chain ejection system functional with the help of logic :D . Now I just need to find the proper power for the push beams. Which got ms thinking: do missiles equipped with push effect offer a really big push burst with a long cooldown? Because that would really be perfect.

Edit: Ooooh yea, the more I think about that idea for the back the more I want to do it. I'm also somewhat unsatisfied with the current engines, especially after seeing stuff like @Orphaniel 's engines. I really improvised the back without any clear idea, and I don't like it.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I tested out my drones with an other person and 22 of them (the content of one rack) managed to destroy his 6000 mass ship (which had turrets). The amount of drones destroyed was 7 (not the ship in the picture below).

I think that it was a success, considering that their combined mass is 2552 :D

"OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT"

Last edited:
    Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    are you still classifying your ship as a "titan"? because the main turret is more like a "titan" size wise, the actual ship is more like a god slayer class

Reactions: LucasMade

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    are you still classifying your ship as a "titan"? because the main turret is more like a "titan" size wise, the actual ship is more like a god slayer class
    I agree that it's more of a super titan, considering that most people's titans are about 800 meters long.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I made a new engine for the ship, ( I have yet to actually embed it into the ship). But here, teaser:

I might add some little details once it's in, but I trust that it will look good just the way it is.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's big. It's so big that I can't really appreciate its size from the screenshot alone. Wonderful job on the details, though.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's big. It's so big that I can't really appreciate its size from the screenshot alone. Wonderful job on the details, though.

And indeed, she's a big one :P . That's why I'm only installing a single engine of that size on, it'll look interesting (if all goes according to plan).

Reaction score
    When I looked at the title I thought it said AWP... So I'm here witnessing some works of art totally not like a AWP

Reaction score
    Hey keptic i don't think you know much about cloaking and jamming but i was wondering if you could go over to my thread and check it out

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #14 : back section remodeling (this is the last time)

I think that it's pretty self explanatory (I really like that first pic):

I still have some detailing work (among other stuff) to do, but that's the general shape of the back. I like it waaaaaaaaaay better personally. I also changed the images on the first post, so you may want to check that out.

As always, comments/feedback is appreciated :D

Last edited: