Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    I would suggest you make some flight decks, like some "pockets" that face forward / backward for the drones. Even though they're completely useless they still would look cool... I think. Just to add to the feel that this is a massive ship.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I would suggest you make some flight decks, like some "pockets" that face forward / backward for the drones. Even though they're completely useless they still would look cool... I think. Just to add to the feel that this is a massive ship.
    I'm not too sure that I understand what you meant... Are you talking about drone exit ports? Cause I have yet to make that :P .

Reaction score
    I'm not too sure that I understand what you meant... Are you talking about drone exit ports? Cause I have yet to make that :p .
    Yes. Something like a small bulge on the side(s) of your ship with a small hole cut in it.
    Are you going to be making special drones on this ship, or are you going to be using the racks,btw?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes. Something like a small bulge on the side(s) of your ship with a small hole cut in it.
    Are you going to be making special drones on this ship, or are you going to be using the racks,btw?
    I can install special drones on racks and easily swap them out depending on the mission/need :D

Reaction score
    good foresight of maybe having to switch drones out and making a one rack fits all thing

Reaction score
    Kep, I suggest watching the anime "Last Exile" (NOT Fam and The Silver Wing, the original Last Exile) you see, if you did, you understand what I mean by THIS IS THE EXILE OF STARMADE!!!! xD Keep up that amazing ship :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Kep, I suggest watching the anime "Last Exile" (NOT Fam and The Silver Wing, the original Last Exile) you see, if you did, you understand what I mean by THIS IS THE EXILE OF STARMADE!!!! xD Keep up that amazing ship :p
    I'll make sure to chek it out!

Reactions: Top 4ce

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    @keptick first of all, stunning as hell already. Ships of that size, I stay away from building them, but thats just awesome.
    On the subject of drone racks: What I found works well is to either have multiple racks per ship and designated AMC drone / beam drone / repair drone/ etc. racks, or one huge rack where the drone types are mixed in an alternating pattern to ensure maximum diversity (beam and AMC drones work WELL together. WELL.)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    @Targaryen Thanks :D

@Thalanor There will be two racks in the front section and maybe two more in the back. I actually use missiles on my drone atm (I luv muh missils) but will most likely also use repair drones once we can control them properly.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yup, I use beam and cannon drones mostly because the main ship itself is a guided missile destroyer that also has missile turrets - as such, having drones with something else than missiles helps greatly against ships that are hard to hit with missiles due to laser point defense (since they can now be shot down, and this can hinder a missile wielding ship)

Your missile drones will put up quite an amazing lightshow when they emerge and 44 drones launch missiles all at once. :D

Reaction score
    yes they will i bet, but that massive middle doom ray at the middle it alot like the one on the daygar from brotherhood republic, it can one shot 7.5 million shields

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Drones anyone?

It might not seem so, but the drones are all part of a docked drone rack. The rack is inserted and removed from a opening/door at the front of the ship, it could be compared to a cartridge. Now, I just have to install all the logic and systems on the main ship to properly eject the drones (read: propel them out really fast).

Last edited:

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you get it to work with this awesome sectioning of the individual exit points, mad props to you!
    I have settled for a more "hangar" like drone rack dock, as my push pulse method doesn't really permit these tight fittings for collision reasons.
    This row of small individual doors is just YUMMY. Hook them up to a delay chain so they open one by one :D That is going to be a major "oh shit" moment then - when you fly by, and a chain of hangar doors that just doesn't want to end opens one by one.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If you get it to work with this awesome sectioning of the individual exit points, mad props to you!
    I have settled for a more "hangar" like drone rack dock, as my push pulse method doesn't really permit these tight fittings for collision reasons.
    This row of small individual doors is just YUMMY. Hook them up to a delay chain so they open one by one :D That is going to be a major "oh shit" moment then - when you fly by, and a chain of hangar doors that just doesn't want to end opens one by one.
    That's exactly the plan :P . A push beam pointed directly at the center of mass won't rotate the ship at all. So it should work well (hopefully). Well, I can't move during the process but it's not like I'll be doing much moving anyways.