Carrier doors refuse to work

Reaction score
    Earlier today, I wanted to blow up some pirates with my carrier and its fighter compliment, I tried opening the doors (standard rotating doors which weren't blocked at all and the rotator was moving, but the door wasn't responding.) and they would not move, no matter what I did.

So, I replaced these doors with a series of actual doors (as in Plex doors, but they were actually Blast Doors) and they would be linked up to a activation module to control their open/closed states. When I tried launching the fighters, they wouldn't move, in fact, any type of rail I tried to use inside the ship was completely ineffective.

Thinking back on it, all the rails inside the ship were able to move, but didn't do anything. Could it be that some file is corrupted or something? The problems seemed to surface when I updated to the latest version, but when I went back to a previous version, it still didn't work.

I also want to mention that I made a simple rotating door on a separate ship and it worked fine, so I think that this new update has done something to my ship.

I really REALLY hope that my ship file isn't corrupted, but any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    It's a common bug. In most cases it happens on stations, and goes away by itself. Try changing sectors or system and try force it to reload.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Do you have the appropriate amount of mass enhancers onboard?

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Try this: Leave the ship in one sector, and travel at least 5 sectors away. Then quit and relaunch starmade, and head back to the ship.

Reaction score
    Try this: Leave the ship in one sector, and travel at least 5 sectors away. Then quit and relaunch starmade, and head back to the ship.
    That still hasn't worked.
    [doublepost=1478020444,1478018588][/doublepost]
    That still hasn't worked.
    [doublepost=1478020480][/doublepost]Anyone got any other ideas?
    [doublepost=1478023571][/doublepost]My carrier is completely broken. Can someone plz help?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Can you send us the blueprint of that station?

There may be several reasons for things like this.
    One cause would be covered by reloading the sector or restarting the server, but if that does not help, there should be something with the blueprint itself.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Can you send us the blueprint of that station?

There may be several reasons for things like this.
    One cause would be covered by reloading the sector or restarting the server, but if that does not help, there should be something with the blueprint itself.

- Andy
    It's not a station and it is in single player, but I can't seem to upload it, do you mean the file that goes: ENTITY_SHIP_SSC_RELIANT_MK2 for example? Because I tried uploading that and it wouldn't let me, something about that file not having an allowed extension. Also I can't work out how to upload the entire folder that is in the Blueprints menu in the Starmade install.

Reaction score
    I just compared the carrier's blueprint files to that of a simple one, and there appears to be two blueprint files where there should be one:

ENTITY_SHIP_SSC Reliant MK2_1477918093080.0.0.0.smd3
    and
    ENTITY_SHIP_SSC Reliant MK2_1477918093080.0.0.1.smd3

Is this a problem?
    [doublepost=1478126207,1478122910][/doublepost]
    I just compared the carrier's blueprint files to that of a simple one, and there appears to be two blueprint files where there should be one:

ENTITY_SHIP_SSC Reliant MK2_1477918093080.0.0.0.smd3
    and
    ENTITY_SHIP_SSC Reliant MK2_1477918093080.0.0.1.smd3

Is this a problem?
    Never mind, it seems to be the two different bits of the ship, maybe because it's a certain length away from the core.