Bug "Cannot connect module to current structure" Logic bug

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Whenever I try to paste this logic design onto a certain ship, it gives me this "cannot connect module to current structure" error. When this happens, the logic acts completely bonkers! Then when I tried to paste it onto a different ship I didn't get the message, but it was still not working correctly! As a control, I copied the original and pasted to the same ship I copied from, the logic worked fine. I kinda don't want to have to build it again, as it is the cell calculation for Conway's Game of Life, and takes a bit to build and troubleshoot...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just encase is any of the logic connections outside of the copy area? It might have an issue with copying due to large amounts of links into and out of the copy area.

Also as a work around it might be possible to paste that section into its own ship and dock it to the main one and use wireless links for linking into the system. Not pretty but its a work around. You can always copy and paste it back in later when its solved...

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, I was actually thinking about that last suggestion.. I need to test if this circuit lags when I use it, so I need it to be connected directly to the circuitry of the ship to prevent as much lag as possible. I'll try copying the logic again, maybe I did miss some logic.. I'll report back with my findings later today.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think sometimes I've had large masses of complicated logic corrupt a sector somehow. While I've observed it a while back hopefully its been fixed but it was so random I couldn't really pin point what created it. Weird logic pipes appearing in the middle of no where half a sector away. It might be worth trying to see if paste function works in a completely different new world. But if the saved copy is corrupted that wouldn't make any difference. Might be a good test to narrow it down a little anyway. If it works in another world the copy is good.

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It looks like one of the backbone options for IT support worked, "just turn it off and on again". Its weird, but for some reason I think the design only works on the first ship I enter and paste to, after that I need to restart the game and enter the correct ship. It still requires further testing, though.. Ill add it to my TO-DO list for the next couple days.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not sure if this is related but it might be. I had some problems pasting in an upgraded USD to the front of my ship. I noticed every now and again when extending long lines of blocks away from the core that sometimes I couldn't attach more blocks on the end. It looks like the blocks at the end were like ghost blocks and you could only attach other blocks closer towards the core. By going back to the closer blocks and attaching some to the ones you could attach to this would make the ghost blocks solid and you could continue attaching more blocks after.

Every time I pasted the USD in it would crash my game. Then I extended some of the hull past where the USD would extend to after pasting and it pasted in fine. It looks like the game has to initialise areas away from the core before you can build in them. If you extend past that limit it won't let the blocks be solid, but if you paste past it, it causes a crash. This is a guess though from what I have observed.