Buying ships with blocks as an alternative, not as a replacement

Should options to buy ships (either with blocks or credits) be presented in-game?

• Yes, it should be an in-game alternative

Votes: 45 88.2%
    • No, it should stay a global server setting (either blocks only or credits only)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Then why are you posting in this thread?
    Because you were flat out wrong about the buy-with-blocks system. I could care less about what your suggestion was.

Again, Proxima Centauri is a known idiot.
    I can smell the butthurt from across the vast aether of the web
    hahhahha

Why so hostile, anyways? Does it hurt your feelings when someone points out that you're wrong on the internet?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Because you were flat out wrong about the buy-with-blocks system. I could care less about what your suggestion was.

I can smell the butthurt from across the vast aether of the web
    hahhahha

Why so hostile, anyways? Does it hurt your feelings when someone points out that you're wrong on the internet?
    *sigh*

People don't mind being told that they are wrong (I'm glad that I was wrong). No, what they don't like is being treated like peasants by an arrogant snob (aka: you) ^_^

And now please go away, you're polluting this thread.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Buying ships with blocks has been fixed in the latest dev build. You basically get a BP item that you must fill in order to spawn the ship :D

(thanks to Ithirahad for the image)

This suggestion is now even MORE relevant.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This deserves a push for relevance reasons.

Don't punish design, please. The entire game mechanics already do, there is no need to further discourage building a decent hull compared to making a grey advanced armor brick.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Buying ships with blocks has been fixed in the latest dev build. You basically get a BP item that you must fill in order to spawn the ship :D

(thanks to Ithirahad for the image)

This suggestion is now even MORE relevant.
    I think a good way to incorperate the suggestion in question into this GUI would be to add a second button next to the 'add' button. This second button would be a 'buy with credits' button. Clicking the button would fill the buy with blocks inventory with however many blocks you choose to buy. To prevent explotation of being able to buy large numbers of blocks without finding a shop that has them in stock, players would be able to get a full refund of their credits from the GUI. This way players could get credits back and not get the blocks instead, becasue that would defeat the purpose of shops.

Reactions: Thalanor

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think a good way to incorperate the suggestion in question into this GUI would be to add a second button next to the 'add' button. This second button would be a 'buy with credits' button. Clicking the button would fill the buy with blocks inventory with however many blocks you choose to buy. To prevent explotation of being able to buy large numbers of blocks without finding a shop that has them in stock, players would be able to get a full refund of their credits from the GUI. This way players could get credits back and not get the blocks instead, becasue that would defeat the purpose of shops.
    Actually I was thinking of applying a heavy tax to blocks bought with the blueprint, that way buying blocks at shops would be a lot cheaper.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Actually I was thinking of applying a heavy tax to blocks bought with the blueprint, that way buying blocks at shops would be a lot cheaper.
    They just added buying with blocks as the vanilla default today. I'm thinking it will make decent ships a lot less disposable than they have been (which seems kind of neat to me for a number of reasons :D )

I agree though Keptic - I think they should have the ability to allow players to opt to pay for blocks they don't have at a mark-up -- I'm thinking they could jack the price up like crazy and possibly impose an additional delay for those blocks (when they implement the planned shipyard idea) to mimic material handling and transit time associated with having to special order resources that aren't on hand.

Thus everyone is still encouraged to craft and/or procure resources -- but credits still hold value and it's still possible to get a certain blueprint when you *really* need one but don't have every single block you need.

I also think it'd be cool if you could opt to substitute blocks in the blueprint (like using blue hull instead of standard red armor, as an example). This could allow you to get around some blocks you might not have as well as dynamically change color schemes on a blueprint without having to spawn it in at full cost only to painstakingly replace the entire hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wanted to chime in and say I like the suggestion. I would also have no issue with shipyards having an option similar to "buy missing blocks at high markup". Best part of the suggestion is.... its server config dependent. don't like using credits OR hybrid? OK use blocks. Don't like using blocks ? Fine use credits or hybrid. From my limited knowledge in programing I can't see this being a hard thing to code. Thus I don't understand why some people are dead against this... its an Option and likely wouldn't take long to implement.

Reaction score
    Calbiri I like the idea of giving crafting systems use....however it has completely hindered the economy of any given server. I would suggest something along the lines of this. It would make large ships still need half the resources in order to be spawned since it would breach credit cap at 4 times the price of a block. It is so much more relevant now

Last edited: