Bug: Shops don't restock anymore, and no new blocks v0.14

Reaction score
    As per the subject. Since updating to the new version, shop stocks have remained at zero for 4 days. Also, none of the new block shapes are available to buy in any of 40+ shops I've checked. They are all "n/a".

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    The shop restocking could be a bug, can someone confirm no shop stocking is happening?

As far as the lack of blocks, well unless it is a newly generated station it would not have the new blocks on it.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Didnt check the restock yet. But yes, old shops never get the new blocks without restock.
    Will check that soon.

But some guy seeing that coming, did update all the \"convert to wedge/corner/block\" recipes to also cover tetra and penta.

So for 10.000credits you can convert an infinite amount of them to tetra or penta. :P

- Andy

Reaction score
    Also, did the \"guy seeing that coming\" (whoever that is) also see that the recipes are essentially useless? Did he see that you can\'t convert anything except GREY BLOCKS? You can\'t colour anything except GREY BLOCKS? If there\'s supposed to be some clever jibe at/about the recipes, the recipes accomplish little. The recipes should work on ANY block, not ONLY grey blocks.

- put a compress recipe in with any colour and any shape hull piece, and it will produce a hardened piece out of the source block.

- put ANY colour or type of hull in with the tetra recipe, and it will produce a tetra block, not a grey tetra block.

- put ANY type or colour of block in with a paint & recipe, and it will produce the block with the new colour

THAT would be an example of recipies that \"work\". Also, if you clicked on a recipe and it actually gave you info on the recipe before you buy it (like all the other shop items) that would be functional too. In the mean time, I wouldn\'t have to worry about basicly useless recipies if the shops restocked basic items that haven\'t been restocked since the patch, AND actually stocked the new block types. Due to the zero-restock bug, we also can\'t sell anything to the shops when they bought their maximum amounts days ago. New shops don\'t have the new blocks either. Every shop displays \"n/a\". Now, I could also have used the cubatoms to make blocks, but that didn\'t work either. I haven\'t tried it though, since all the fail attempts prior to the last patch. It might be working now and all I have to do is drill down through an un-sorted, unorganized list time and time again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Did he see that you can\'t convert anything except GREY BLOCKS? You can\'t colour anything except GREY BLOCKS? If there\'s supposed to be some clever jibe at/about the recipes, the recipes accomplish little. The recipes should work on ANY block, not ONLY grey blocks.

There are recipes that colours those blocks. Read the god-damned update notes before you start bitching

Reaction score
    Recipes say they only do grey hull block + green paint --> green hull block for example, but they will work with yellow hull wedge + green paint --> green wedge too.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The conversion recipes do exactly that thing, its any to any conversion.

Convert to corner converts any block type to same quality and color corner.

It took me freaky 5 days to create, test and organize them in the blockconfig. (>10.000lines of text)

You DO know that recipes cannot display more than the first assigned input output combination at any time? (Coarse and refine also show 10 L1 = 1 L2, but they work with higher ones too)

Those multi-conversions only break in case you fiddle around with your blockconfig WITHOUT resetting your universe (or initial conversion on update). This renders most multi-part-recipes useless.

So, its not on the to-do-list, its already in there.

So please read:
    http://star-made.org/content/how-report-bug
    Create a predictable gamestate, and test the recipes again. -> profit

- Andy

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    scrolled over in the reply ->
    It was not in the patchlog but there were recipes added/reworked and the blockconfig was updated:

- made all normal hulls, match the pattern: HULL_COLOR_([TYPE]_)[COLOR]_ID

- made all hardened hulls, match the pattern: POWERHULL_COLOR_([TYPE]_)[COLOR]

- no more \'gold\' color, its all \'yellow\' now, regardless of type and quality

- reworked the \"convert to Block/Wedge/Corner\" recipes to cover the new blocks added (input and output!)

- added the normal to hardened hull conversion at a 100:1 ratio (high ratio, to match the availability on most servers, without breaking economy)

- added the hardened to normal hull conversion at a 1:12 ratio (big loss of 88 percent to encourage keeping the hardened ones and not creating a credit gain exploit)

- added recipes to repaint all hull and light blocks to any color

Example usages for the \"repaint (yellow)\" recipe:
    10 blocks of ANY color and shape + 1 dye = 10 blocks of the same shape in yellow
    also:
    10 green light + 1 yellow paint = 10 yellow light

The only thing on it, not fully intuitive is making stuff grey:
    Since there is no grey paint, water is used for that.

- Andy

Reaction score
    See the subject. Read it, instead of being a sychophant and swearing at people. I did.

Reaction score
    Nothing in any of the block colouring or converting recipes says that \"ANY block\" with the added extra ingredient will produce the desired product, it says \"grey block\". There\'s a \"right click for info\" for information like that. If it said that, I wouldn\'t have had to mention it, but I confess, I can\'t keep track of all the bugs.

Exactly HOW would I, or any customer, KNOW how you\'ve coded your recipies to display information? All we can see is what is there. If we are to know anything about a recipe, we would see it in the INFO screen, right? Point of fact, the coarse and refine recipes DON\'T show what you described. The refine explains that 10 of one type produces 1 of the next higher, and before I read that the coarse recipe doesn\'t explain it like that, I assumed it worked the exact opposite to refine, even though it doesn\'t say that (so that would be something to fix in that info too).

No \"blockconfig\"s (whatever those are) have been fiddled with, nor is there any information on what an \"initial conversion\" is. In the mean time though, as per the original bug, shops still aren\'t updating, new or old, and new shops don\'t have the new blocks either.

Oh, and it\'s a vanilla server, no mods, multi client, multiplayer.