Bobby AI: can it be activated with logic?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    With the introduction of wireless logic, I was hoping to be able to turn on/off the Bobby AI so that the turrets aren't swiveling around and trying to shoot stuff when they're retracted inside the ship. I know that the AI can be controlled through the drop down menu's, but I wanted to have a physical controller on the ship's bridge.

Reaction score
    I really hope so! And in that case, when the Bobby AI is turned off, the red "eye" shall be grey... just so we know weither it is on or not... and maybe, just maybe, there shall be different states for the turret/ship, as well... maybe, if it's touching the core it's ship and if it's not it's turret... why that? (logic behind this) Because if the core have to also fly around, the stream of data transfered in between Bobby and Core is higher, thus the blocks shall be connected for no lagging. And this would make switching between turret and ship pretty easily... or not? Maybe just if it's the child of a ship through a rail turret axis it's a turret, otherwise it's a ship... that would be more of a pain in the brain...

-Long post short- I suggest that the red "eye" shall be grey if deactived, and the Bobby AI shall automaticly be turret if it's the child of a turret axis and a ship otherwise.

Reaction score
    I tested it with a tiny skiff, lots of God_Mode and a pirate station. The answer is no, you can not activate AI with logic currently... ;(

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    definitely something worth looking at considering the new features that have just been added in.

Reactions: GalactusX
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Firstly, this would be nice, my pdt's appear to fire through my ship doors at the moment, and I can see some of my bigger turrets getting jammed in the storage positions :/

Speaking of AI, will there ever be a way to set the AI's targeting priority? I dont just mean by any / missile etc but more in depth? I say this as i am building a turret with a high powered weapon which has one hell of a reload. I'd hate that to be wasted on the first chaffDrone it saw :/. It'd also be great if things like PDT could be set to target missile primarily, but if there were no missiles present they would pick another target... as opposed to sitting there with their thumb up their arse :p

Reactions: SapioiT
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Might I suggest that if this is implemented, turrets are also reset to their default position when the Bobby AI is deactivated? This would kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Has this been implemented?
    I need to control my retractable AI turrets with logic also. It would be nice to delay the AI or activate it only once the turret is out. Otherwise it just jams.

And the reset would be awesome! It's in the console to reset turrets for any given structure.