Recognized by Council Blueprint Originization

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I play a bunch of survival style games. From Minecraft and Starmade to Dayz and Ark. There is something that Ark has, which I think this game could benefit from.

If you have ever played ark you have "Engrams". They are basically game recipes for crafting. But you can organize them into folders within the game in order to easily find what you want. For instance you can make a category (folder) for wooden building parts, or one for tools ect.

I would like to suggest our blueprints be handled in a similar fashion. For example you could have one folder/category for your battleships, one for small fighters, one for your many drone designs. All these would just be sub folders in our blueprint directory. Would love to be able to put my similar builds together to find them easier.

Using myself as an example for the folders/category's I might make:
    Drones
    WIP ships
    Mining ships
    Stations
    Battleships
    RnD
    Everything Else

IMO I think giving players this ability would improve the overall user experience and make it much easier to keep track of our builds. What do you guys think of the ability to make our own categories and sub categories?

Reactions: kikaha and Lukwan

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree.

Personally, I think it would be neat to use the game's native building system to create organization systems. Think: every concept is given a non-block meta-item in-game that you can reach in Creative mode, but that doesn't really mean anything or is a blank logbook in the non-creative part of the game (or maybe the logbook contains descriptive text that helps the player understand what that meta-item represents).

To organize, you build a design (in a shipyard, or block-by-block) with different named storage chests and put the different meta-items where you want them to go. You use the master-slave (c-v) mechanic to create hierarchical relationships (chests are made slaves to a "master" chest, and they are all named by the player to create a folder with slaved subfolders). You save the organization-template-design, and now *poof* all your stuff is organized under folders that share the names you put on the template's storage chests in the template design.

Multiple slave-master relationships would allow the same subfolder to appear under different folders, depending on the player's preference. (Example: A subfolder named "Death Ships" would fall under both folders "Color: Black" and "Purpose: Combat".)

This idea is kind of overwrought, and is different from other games for the sake of being different, but it would use an existing mechanic and be kinda fun as a uniquely Starmade-y organization style. Almost every game with player-made organization follows the OS File-System-Manager paradigm. It would be nice to experience something different, for a change.

Reactions: Magrim
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A way to organize or tag blueprints would be quite amazing. You might not even need folders if we had a tag system where I could just tag my turrets as turrets and then just filter by tag. Any system would be better than what we currently have though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Tags could work pretty well now that I think of it. My original idea was that we would have a BP list somewhat like shops do. Where your categories could expand/contract. But making them searchable with tags would be a very cool feature in addition to it.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    i agree. i tend to save my builds every 30 minutes or so wich crowd my BP list. That plus the blueprints for doors, lifts, moving parts inside my structures (wing bits, cockpits, seats...) all those turrets (several of same design but different paint job or materials) PLUS all those BP i download from the dock. The list is long...