Recognized Simple Suggestion - Date sorting for blueprints

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The title basically says it. I think it'd be useful to have a "date" column for blueprints. This would enable sorting from earliest to latest or vice versa. It would also allow us to see when the blueprint was created (or uploaded to a server).

The reason for this is that as I grow my collection of blueprints, it's become harder to manage them. If I could sort by date, then I could work with all the latest blueprints I've created easily.

Reaction score
    This actually wouldn't be a bad idea. This is also something that should be very easy to implement.

Reaction score
    An excellent idea, once the devs solve the minor problem of all blueprints showing their creation date as December 31, 1969 at 6:00 PM

This is extra annoying, as the OS (Windows, OS/X, Linux, ect) correctly records both the date and time a blueprint was made, but somehow StarMade isn't doing so.

EDIT: And I've just realized why StarMade isn't doing so.
    It's checking the SMENT file between the OS Header/Footer, and "creation date" isn't a set field in there.
    The easy solution is re-coding that one part of the game to read the OS header/footer looking for the Timestamp, but I think that's a little different for each OS.

Last edited:

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    An excellent idea, once the devs solve the minor problem of all blueprints showing their creation date as December 31, 1969 at 6:00 PM

This is extra annoying, as the OS (Windows, OS/X, Linux, ect) correctly records both the date and time a blueprint was made, but somehow StarMade isn't doing so.

EDIT: And I've just realized why StarMade isn't doing so.
    It's checking the SMENT file between the OS Header/Footer, and "creation date" isn't a set field in there.
    The easy solution is re-coding that one part of the game to read the OS header/footer looking for the Timestamp, but I think that's a little different for each OS.
    Hmm, interesting to know!