Block Shape Wireframe reticle?

Reaction score
    How about a wireframe reticle of the block shape in build mode? Placing cubes is simple enough, but if I try to place a non-cubic shape, even something as simple as a wedge, of a dark color (like black), then the faded ghost that I see when trying to place it is so dim that I often cannot tell the orientation of the piece. And the entire time, I still see a wireframe cube to show me the location. I feel like it's taunting me.

So how about a second wireframe, maybe of a different color (white with a black outline, perhaps). Then I would get a cubic wireframe indicating the spatial position of the piece, and within that a second wireframe of a different color showing the shape of the piece and its orientation. Showing me a preview of the piece and its color isn't particularly important at this point because I already have that information on my hotbar.

Alternatively, you could simply replace the existing wireframe position selector with one that matches the shape and orientation of whatever is being placed. I assumed, however, that this is the same element that is expanded if the brush size is changed beyond 1 block, so that a separate element would need to be created.

Thoughts?

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    Frankly, I'd be happy if they just make the preview in the upper right-hand corner easier to make out for black blocks. I don't know about other players but I play with block preview off since it gets in the way more than it helps when working in tight places.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, right now if I'm working with stuff like black hull or glass, I honestly use pink hull blocks instead and when I'm done come back with the replace function to change it over to what I wanted.