block hp increase, since shields are hard to make

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    in a 10k mass ship you would not be jamming for long, giving if you are attacking your power would be going down as well, plus your shield rechargers would eat up your power as well.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Fights from 2km away with jammers are boring. If that's what you want combat to be balanced to, then have fun going against nearly everyone else's preferences... o_O
    Not at all. That's within the view distance

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not at all. That's within the view distance
    Yes, but far nonetheless. Most engagements I see happen within 1000 meters... But IDK, I don't do a whole ton of combat.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yes, but far nonetheless. Most engagements I see happen within 1000 meters... But IDK, I don't do a whole ton of combat.
    I do, and I've always had a lot of fun. The distance really depends on your play style and ship, honestly. I've never had my shields go down in a couple seconds. It goes out fast, yes, but I like to maneuver so much it's never really bothered me. Unless it's two people standing still and firing at each other, combat lasts a good length.

Fun fact: Scanners disable radar jammers.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    hmm, so leanson what do you think the hp should be of systems and armour?

i'd say 1000hp for system and 4000 hp for advanced armour.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418237006,1418236933][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I do, and I've always had a lot of fun. The distance really depends on your play style and ship, honestly. I've never had my shields go down in a couple seconds. It goes out fast, yes, but I like to maneuver so much it's never really bothered me. Unless it's two people standing still and firing at each other, combat lasts a good length.

Fun fact: Scanners disable radar jammers.
    wait what?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store

The maximum possible hp is 256. This is due to the hp being stored in a single byte only.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

[DOUBLEPOST=1418237006,1418236933][/DOUBLEPOST]
    wait what?
    They actually do, if you get within like 1500 meters you deactivate the cloak/radar jam.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    D: maybe decrease weapon and shield values then? xD
    It's already been stated that weapons cannot go any lower. The smallest combo gun, cannon+cannon deals one damage per shot, weapons cannot go any lower.

The argument here is hull needs to be stronger because shields are hard to get, this really isn't intended to be true. There are two bugs that prevent shields from being easily acquired. 1) Larimar asteroids are extremely rare 2) asteroids don't regenerate properly. These will be fixed eventually and until then you can still get shields from planets, I found one that at least 4 of the plates can be strip mined for shield components so I have no problem acquiring shields in my universe.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's already been stated that weapons cannot go any lower. The smallest combo gun, cannon+cannon deals one damage per shot, weapons cannot go any lower.

The argument here is hull needs to be stronger because shields are hard to get, this really isn't intended to be true. There are two bugs that prevent shields from being easily acquired. 1) Larimar asteroids are extremely rare 2) asteroids don't regenerate properly. These will be fixed eventually and until then you can still get shields from planets, I found one that at least 4 of the plates can be strip mined for shield components so I have no problem acquiring shields in my universe.
    As long as we can get shields when the bug is fixed will fix the problem and will end this thread. Would it be possible to increase the armor rating then, or attribute more to the armor rating of more hull blocks are adjacent

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Weapons CAN go lower - Not the base damage, but the scaling up with system size can be reduced.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    With out a weapon system like from the depths where other blocks add to a cannon characteristics and weapon performance. SM weapons will be defined by its volume. Nerfing weapons will only make them bigger. Can we work on functionality and performance instead of size.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Regardless of what you nerf... People will ALWAYS exploit weapons to have the highest power potential possible.
    Not really an exploit. Just sacrificing tank for gank :p

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Not really an exploit. Just sacrificing tank for gank :p
    He's talking about nerfing large groups of weapons with diminishing returns, and nerfing shields to compensate.

That'd just be a MAJOR buff to checkerboard spam guns again.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    He's talking about nerfing large groups of weapons with diminishing returns, and nerfing shields to compensate.

That'd just be a MAJOR buff to checkerboard spam guns again.
    ...Heat mechanic to compensate? Maybe? Kind of complicated and anoying, but...