Big Ships are Terrible now...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game needs fuel as a resource and sector jump gates to add reasons for building different classes of ships in my opinion and increase tactical play.

Big ships should have greater range than fighters, fighters and smaller ships should only be able to operate within a sector and from a base, either a carrier or frigate or a space station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has anyone yet shown a video of a 5-50 Mass vessel ever hunt down and murder a 50,000-500,000 Mass combat vessel?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, it was a normal duel on youtube, and it was a fighter class (~100 mass) vs a Battleship ( I think it had 22k mass). The big ship had enough weapons to take down the fly in 2 shots, but no matter what direction he was moving, the fly would move laterally, in more directions, and avoid his bullets while shooting back constantly...

Don\'t exagerate with 5-50 mass playing with people\'s words... it doesn\'t have to be a flying engine of 5 mass vs a planetsize mothership of 500 000 mass to be a problem, as you are implying.

It was over a month ago, so I can\'t remember it\'s name to search it, but anyway, I could make such video by myself against a random guy on NASS.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have never seen nor heard of this duel. Can anyone link this or anything similar for me?

Reaction score
    Sounds like the guy in the Battleship needs to learn how to fly. All he had to do was fly directly away from the fighter while rotation his ship so he could fire on it. Since both ships are capped at the same speed, and speed isn\'t capped directionally he should have been able to rotate while keeping full speed in the opposite direction of the fighter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The rotation speed is directly affected by mass. Aka, a big ship turns aroun in 2 years, a small in 2 two seconds.

Reaction score
    Turn speed hits it\'s lowest point at 300 mass, or 3000 blocks. A small friggate turns just as fast as the biggest ship on your server.

Reaction score
    If we made them strong but kept them difficult to turn then that would be fine in my opinion.

Reaction score
    But now there isn\'t much of a goal in Starmade...

I thought the goal was to get a giant ship and base and become the ultimate space billionaire badass.

But now that your giant ship has the same shields as a low level fighter ship, what\'s the goal now? To amass the most numbers?

Reaction score
    I\'m amazed people are still arguing about this. A massive battlecruiser cannot be destroyed by a fighter unless the pilot is either missing from the cockpit or is completely inept. If your dreadnaught is indeed being pummelled by a babby strikecraft then that\'s on you. You\'re terrible at the game, and your ship design was a failure.

I do, however, agree that AMCs in their current state are essentially broken in how they scale. They\'re too powerful, so that\'s hopefully something that Schema will be looking at in the near future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I design CCG\'s which isnt the same exactly... but game balance is a tricky thing. No one project is good from the get go no matter how many hours I put into it and mental simulations I run. Most games take at least a dozen or so revisions based on hours of play testing to approach the sweet spot of 95% good out wieghing the inevitable 5%% or so bad. (There will always be something to ***** about.) point is it\'s a process. Things you like will go away yes but new good things will eventually outwiegh the sacrifice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I design CCG\'s which isnt the same exactly... but game balance is a tricky thing. No one project is good from the get go no matter how many hours I put into it and mental simulations I run. Most games take at least a dozen or so revisions based on hours of play testing to approach the sweet spot of 95% good out wieghing the inevitable 5%% or so bad. (There will always be something to ***** about.) point is it\'s a process. Things you like will go away yes but new good things will eventually outwiegh the sacrifice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Yamato was the second largest, measuring 263 meters, the Iowa was the largest at 270.4 meters, Yamato was more heavily armed though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What this \"fix\" has done, has just renered useless flag ships that are large, but not monstrous. All you need to do is build a ship large enough for the shields to hold until you are done demolishing the fighters. If you have a big enough ship, it takes a mere few seconds to destroy pesky fighters. I\'m building a 1 to 1 star destroyer. Its ginormous. I\'m about 5% done, and I\'m almost at 8 million blocks. a fighter can\'t take down my shields before I kill it. Yes, big ships are more vulnerable. But they are still VERY powerful. Plus, if push comes to shove, you can always team up with a friend or two, and have them fly fighters from your hanger.

Once Starmade has auto turrets that won\'t fly off of your ship, massive ships will be almost as invincible as they were before this update.

Reaction score
    This is pretty stupid, my Deathstar with 18 000 000 shilds can get destroyed by a simple pirate that does 10 000 a second

ofc lowered the accuracy to 2 now instead of what they had before, 99% accuracy with pirates is just stupid haha, they drilled thru 100 hardened blocks straight to the core without touching another block :P

1, make stronger shilds or a way to make them stronger, make them work like weapons
    2, even with 2 billion in energy recovery and 220 billion in energystorage pirates can take you, lol
    3, 100 armor or 400 armor? lol, that is not enough when a tiny tiny tiny turret does 400 per shot, Ad more armors, 1200 armor, 2500 armor, 5000, in armor and adjust the price to that end
    4, turning, lol, i go from 0-100 in less than one second, i have so many engines i dont even rememeber how many thousands, but turning is 1.0-1,2-1.0 lol wtf
    5 so i can shoot my gazillion damage 5000+ meters away, to bad there is no zoom function that make use of the superior firepower, noo i should wait till the flying gnat is about 200 meter away from me so I can see his black hull ROFL :P
    5, whats up with missiles? 8000 in a row and the range does not go over 300 meter `? lol
    so what is the point`? missiles should be long distance and pew pew should be close distance, in this game it is the wrong way around

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Indeed. And fighters.

When are these people going to understand that huge ships without turrets or fighters are (rightfully) awful now? Even so, you can just kite backwards at max speed.

git gud

Reaction score
    The deathstar.. have its core blown up... by 1 tiny fighter??