Big Ships are Terrible now...

Reaction score
    Massive target? No problem, just make them tanky with loads of shie... oh.

300k shield blocks? no problem. 40k regen every 5 seconds? what?

Guess this solves the server lag issues...
    No one will have big ships because they are so easy to kill!
    (not like AMC's outscaled them anyway......)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah i know, was planing on building a 500m long ship, now a ship that is 50m only can destroy it, well luckily i just started it, but my point is no mother/flag ships for your faction 100% useless.

Reaction score
    only one station per faction coz\' faction home invunerability.

yey for useless shields for anything but small ships.

Reaction score
    Yes, faction home ships can be as enormous as you want with no downside with the changes in shields.

Reaction score
    Its actually a good thing. This fights gigantism, and also a bit more realistic. Instead of focusing on shields, big ships now need to focus on armor. Things are more balanced now. I like it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is so depressing. I put 100+ hours into my own gigantic carrier, and now its worthless! So much wasted time. Why does everyone hate on the big ships so much?! It dosn\'t make sense for a small fighter to be able to take down a huge Planet Destroyer, when my sheild generator is twice as large as your whole ship! Even previously it would take 1/3 as many antimatter-cannons to take down 3x the same amount of sheild blocks. My only hope is that he\'ll fix this, and lessen up the softcaps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The developer of a game in alpha is making changes to the balance of the game! Everyone panic! The endtimes are neigh!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With a large ship, you still have a massive amount of area for shield buffering but also a significant battery core to fuel many turrets. Currently to even fully tank a single 25,000dps Antimatter Turret would take more than 100,000 shield dispenders, or over 10,000mass dedicated just to shielding compared to the 1,250 mass from before this change. This change doesn\'t single handly boost small ships, but also cripples them when they try to engage hardened targets with any means of automated defenses.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The idea behind it is great but i can build a sheild gen twice the size of a small ship but that small ship can easily take down a giant ship and the thing with armour is its useless one missile takes a huge chunk out of ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess this isn\'t really a bad idea, being able to have a bunch of hardened turrets on a ship would work. I think the current main advantage of large ships is being able to house massive weapons systyms. My capital ship is pretty lightly armed for its size, but I can blow a hole out the other side of an asteroid in like 2 seconds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve spent the last 2 days making a Ship the size of a fucking planet, then I find this out!? I nearly rage-uninstalled.

Reaction score
    Ah, to make things more balanced huh? I\'m someone who doesn\'t get why capitals get so much hate. As someone who finished his first capital yesterday I can say the process takes a lot of hours out of your life. People complain about not being able to kill these large ships, well duh its a capital ship its ment to take a lot of punishment, well in theory. Bring your own capital into play, don\'t feel like designing one? Then buy one I know there are a lot of them out there, but that small fighter should never ever be able to take down a ship 10x larger then it.

Reaction score
    \"Its actually a good thing. This fights gigantism, and also a bit more realistic. Instead of focusing on shields, big ships now need to focus on armor. Things are more balanced now. I like it.\"

Really?

WHAT ARMOR.

Reaction score
    What armor? While hardened hull can maybe stand up to AMC, though not for long all you need is 400 damage to destroy it in one hit, if my math is correct. My ship\'s main guns deals 800 twice of what\'s needed, so unless you have very thick armor I will punch through it with little problems. Missiles eat hull up, both hardened and normal, a few missiles will cripple any ship without shielding.

Reaction score
    Anti Matter cannons were already way better than shields taking up the same amount of space, and now he goes and does this :(

Reaction score
    Reinforced Hull

What, you didn\'t know about that? It\'s armor.

Reaction score
    wait, you want me to layer more than 1 layer?

... increasing the mass, power requirements & thrust requirements? (not in that order)

not to mention the crazy repair costs?

ok.