Better Core Over heating.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    what i meant by \"saving your ship\" was been able to use a repair beam to heal the core before the whole ship went critical.

i know you can save a copy of your ships design and buy it when the ship is completely destroyed. but like any good team fighting game you always need a medic. this could be a chance for little ships to fly around the battle and heal their team mates. this way we could add balance to the game rather than making the destruction of your core(s) the end of the road. battles could become more intense and bigger if people could fight longer. it would also bring in more tactics rather than brute force. with every action you need an opposite or equal reaction to keep everything fair.

Reaction score
    oh no :P i wasnt talking to you, I was talking to some moron who suggested debrie when the core exploaded, which was already in the OP, And you can save a ship just by getting in the core, but the core stays at 1 hp until you hit it with a repair beam.

Again, sorry about the confusion about who i was cross with. you are good :) !

Reaction score
    What if, when the core reaches 0 it creates, not an explosion, but a shockwave proportional to the mass of the ship.
    As another cool thing it could also generate a virtual plane with a random rotation; and all the blocks of the ship which intersect this plane get deleted, now the two halves of the ship are re-computed as independant physical bodies and they get pushed away by the shockwave. To be later salvaged or reused etc.
    This might work better with 2 or 3 planes, to make it look more destructive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    why not have a explosion (cause explosions are cool) and also have the ship break apart? it would be like titanic but with explosions! but controlling how and where the ship separates could be hard to add into the game mechanics. when building ships its kind of handy to be able to remove blocks and have other blocks not connected to the main body of the ship while you work out what design you are going for. if parts of the ship where to fall off because they aren\'t indirectly touching the core could ruin the art of making majestic ships of destruction.

Reaction score
    You should watch your darn mouth on who you\'re calling a moron here, you twat.

I was simply giving my idea about what should happen when the core overheats, in no single way am I obliged to read your ugly post that rather resembles a wall of text than anything else. I wrote my idea down short, clear and simple, just like everybody should do.

Maybe.. If you want people to read your stuff, organize your post a bit first...... It helps a lot.

Reaction score
    Maybe a solution for that is to force people to attach parts to the main body of the ship in the first place when building the ship, so you won\'t have these ships with blocks floating here and there flying around.

This way, the interior will be less likely to have things in it that could easily cause glitching when cut loose.

I think debris should move rather slowly too, so the chance for glitches is low, although glitching is something that will always be present with the current system, debris or not.

Reaction score
    Indeed. What\'s worse is that they both have a point XD

So, to decide who\'s right, I\'ll give you both two baseball bat upgraded with a rusted nail!

Reaction score
    *takes baseball bat* Actually, you ARE obliged to \"read my ugly wall of text\" before posting ANY comments, thank you. and my \"cross\" statement was trying to keep things mostly civil.

If you still feel like using the forums, please obey by these rules:

Please follow these rules to allow other players a fair chance to present their idea’s.

- Read before you post.

Read the post on how to post Dumb ass, there, is that better? enough for you?

Okay and to Dark.Spencer, the debrie would be randomly spawned at core death, debrie would not fall off your ship because it was not directly attached to the ship. the debrie would be a random combonation of what your ship was mostly made out of.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game is trying to have realistic physics. You cant have Giant Fireballs in a low or no O2 enviroment (Space)

Reaction score
    but wouldent it just increase the chance of an instakill on your ship? lets say you have a cruiser, and it has 3 cores one in the back and one in the middle and one in the front as you charge a fleet or starbase and the front core is stupidly place on the front, and it gets taken out your whole ship will go up! thats pretty sucky.

Reaction score
    Indeed, so we would need the scales of the explosions to be not so large. Significant, but not instagib.

Reaction score
    There\'s still some oxygen in your ships... but yeah, we should more breaking apart, tearing and energy flashes than big fiery badabooms.

Reaction score
    Me a dumb ass? Well watch this:

- Structure your long posts or comments -

If you happen to have a lot to say and write up an essay about your thoughts, please format it for easier reading, not many people bother reading a wall of text, divide it into paragraphs, use punctuation and add an index to particularly long posts to keep them readable for other players.

According to this I did no wrong, as I\'m not obliged to read walls of text on this forum.

The rule you quoted, doesn\'t state \"read whole thread\", it simply says \"read\". I read the thread\'s title, that\'s more than enough for me to post something sensible.

Now, instead of throwing insults at me all the time, calm down a bit and try to act a little bit mature, I wouldn\'t take somebody seriously if he went around calling people dumbasses and dipshits.

Oh for the record:

- No cursing or other offensive language -

Racism, heavy cursing or other offensive language serves no purpose but to degrade other players or their work, hence, please refrain from doing so. Failure to comply with this rule may result in your comments/topics being removed and you getting a warning.

And this one too:

- Comment on existing topics.

If your suggestion already exists but you do not agree with its execution, leave your version or view of it in a comment on the topic, do not create a new one.

Surprise surprise, I actually read your thread before posting because you asked so nicely, and the whole rubble thing you posted is nothing like my idea, where ships simply break apart, the pieces slowly floating into space.

So what I did was perfectly okay. I proposed instead of -wall of text-, lets have ships that break apart.

Now stop being embarrassing, you\'re only making yourself look bad. Instead, continue to organize your post, because I saw you already improved a bit on that.. You have plenty of tools to properly organize a thread with, so shouldn\'t be too hard if you care so much about your ideas to insult others for them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a good idea, but another great addition if the core overheatsis that until it reaches zero, whomevers inside the core can get out and flee/ salvage bits of the ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    just because there isn\'t any air in space doesn\'t mean you cant have explosions. most volatile gases would still cause some kind of fireball when they explode. its just like when something explodes underwater.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hydrogen doesnt explode without O2. Fire requires Heat/O2/Fuel. Nothing combusts without oxygen. Even if some was left over it would only yield a small explosian.

Reaction score
    sorry. I was being a moron. I will definitely make the post neater. Again, i \'m sorry.