BE WARE OF SPACE ENGINEER!

Reaction score
    And it has great single player.. Multiplayer isn\'t required to make a good game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    constructive criticism or not you seem to be more interested in correcting my writing than dicussing about the topic at hand.

i expected people to bring in more opinions about the game rather than trying to disprove my points in anyway possible.

so if you disagree with me, instead of picking on my careless mistakes and my emotion try something more subtle.

frankly i suspect you are the same person with visitor, because \"you\'re wrong, you have bad spellings, you mad bro?\" work quite fuildly and is a benchmark method for most attention whores.

again i must apologize for being biased, for you just wasted 10 mins of my time and im quite unhappy about it.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Yes, this much is true. My point about the engine not supporting multiplayer is that the game is SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT MULTIPLAYER in the future.

Reaction score
    I think people should be wary of ANY product they might purchase and the reviews for it, and should purchase it based on what is there and not what is promised in the future. The teaser video I watched for it looked boring to me, so I didn\'t buy it.

I\'m sorry your money was wasted on a game that didn\'t meet your expectations, I know how disappointing that can be.

I am not responsible for how you choose to spend your time. I was just trying to clarify the other guy\'s point because I felt like you missed it. No need to call me names.

Reaction score
    That game got boring kinda quickly, even after slapping on some mods.

I would\'ve probably played it a lot more if it had co-op play.

(Talking about skyrim)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    space engineers is a dissapointing alpha from what i see. there\'s some 3d physics, yes, but besides that, there\'s not much else that it has over starmade. seeing as starmade\'s alpha feels like a better game, and that it\'s free instead of costing money speaks volumes. i\'d hold my breath on if space engineers will meet expectations, and wait for full release. Star citizen on the other hand, already has a level of sophistry and graphical refinement from what can be seen in dev-released videos that space engineers is lacking (even though it\'s pre-alpha)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    \"...after 20 mins of playing it, turns out to be nothing different from starmade except being striped of many features which starmade already have.\"

\"... nothing different from starmade...\"

I rest my case.

Reaction score
    The way i see it now is this.

Benefits of Space Engineers:

- Really awesome crash simulator

- Very fun gameplay once all of the features currently disabled/planned are added

- Apparently it has very few major bugs (i haven\'t played it, i just haven\'t heard anyone complain about bugs in it so far)

Benefits of Star Made:

- Probably the best dev in the history of the human race

- portable to all OS

- affordable. easily worth more than twice the investment, assuming that you actually paid for it. but it is also free, which instantly means it is amazing no matter what the game actually might be

- an amazing game with a lot of potential for creativity and pure epicness

- once again, Schema is an awesome dev

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hope you understand EA produces high quality games and actually finishes them. It is a publisher as well, therefore having many dev teams go to them. Therefore, if a game comes out shitty, it is most likely the dev\'s fault, not EA\'s. I truly, sincerely, hope you understand this. It\'d make you look a lot less ignorant.

Reaction score
    Also, starmade has a larger player base atm to my knowledge and also has more features.

Btw, did you already mention that schema is awesome?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    EA does not actually care about it\'s playerbase. To that extent, any analogy drawn between them and KS is correct.

EA released a right turkey of a game called SimCity in February and it has been nothing but trouble since. I have never seen disappointment like this in any game I\'ve played. And they just gave up developing Need For speed: World. They keep getting money for it obviously, becaouse people keep buying \'\'boost\'\' and their premium cars etc. but they haven\'t been developing the map since 2011.. or maybe 2010.

Seeing how everyone regards the track record of Keen Software, one might think they are only in it for the money. Time will tell, but for the moment it is worryingly close to StarMade... Schema should look at any potential copyright infringements etc.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I don\'t think you can read. I said that this is a company as bad as EA. While EA has terrible business practices and treats its employees like garbage, KSH lies to its fanbase and sells them shitty games.

Both terrible companies, different reasons. I recommend you retake reading comprehension.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    This would be akin to suggesting that Infinity Ward should go after DICE because Battlefield 3 and the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare trilogy both depict a modern war between the United States and the Russian Federation.

Reaction score
    A more apt point would be to say that it would be just as easy for the developers of Blockade Runner and Corneroids to sue Schema for copyright infringement as it would be for Schema to sue KS.

My view on this?

I could make a better spacecraft crash simulator on Roblox. And that literally IS Lego [though they, of course, disclaim that.] Starmade has better gameplay, and always will, because it has a dedicated [and awesome] developer with a large, stable community built around the game. Space Engineers might try to follow in Starmade\'s footsteps, but it will always be in its shadow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    They are seriously that bad? God Damn, If I were them I\'d charge $5 max, but there are games out there that are amazing that cost less than that, they really shouldn\'t charge so much if the game is in the very early works. I get that it must cost them a fortune to make the game, and they need money, but charging that much is criminal, they should have waited to reveal the game untill they had a good playable alpha ready to go and charge only $4, that way you\'d get more players, and less bad rep.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I own both though was gifted a copy of Space Engineers so I didn\'t outright buy it. Both so far have been interesting for the stage of development they are in and I\'m personally interested to see how each matures. Sweeping generalizations based primarily on emotional investment, both good and bad, will lead to nothing good and should not be encouraged. Instead lets just step back and judge each game on their own merits once all is said and done.