battleship contest....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I would take part, but just one AMC? It\'s a staple of my design ethic to place a large array of AMCs on the front of my ships.

Reaction score
    AMC arrays can actually be a lot more efficient if there are more cannons involved; For one, more cannons can cause more structural damage in a given amount of time. Furthermore, the DPS of each individual AMC goes down as the size of the group increases past 15 AMCs. Therefore, a large cannon with smaller auxillary cannons will be efficient in function. This can easily be coupled with turrets for coverage of blindspots.

I do believe that the AMC restriction was redacted, so I suppose I\'ll give this a shot... maybe.

Why not just make this a battleship posting thread, where players looking for these ships can browse for one of their liking?

Reaction score
    if they are more effiecient that way then letting me know is probably best as the one AMC rule is just as an extra challengeill update the post to make sure that is understood

and this being a competition i want to see what peope got if rules are applied, even im participating (general rule of thumb to attend your own competition... but what is known is that im bringing a good friend in who happens to design many vessels using blueprints and such i will not give his name out as he is the judge not me. im just here to put these up and bring life to this forum if its the last thing i do (im also gunna shut up about that now as ive got my point accross now)

Reaction score
    is a whole LOT of work. And folks need a reason to even want to participate. Perhaps starting with a smaller ship would be a good idea? People are more likely to give it a shot if you\'re not asking for anything super-huge right from the get-go.

Another idea to consider is the \"improv\" format. You take design specification from the community and randomly select, like, 4-6 of them.

Then you\'d get a pretty odd-ball list of specs for them to build to, which is fun. Something like:

1) Must feature a cat
    2) Is primarily Green
    3) Includes a functioning McDonalds on the inside
    4) Carries 3 fighters

You see? Good times and interesting and specific enough that it doesn\'t sound like you\'re trying to steal anyone\'s designs. Why would you want to steal something that bizzare?

Reaction score
    ok with that said and me copying it into a word file for later use (thank you) the idea of it being bizzare and fun is very interesting and i will take everyones suggestions into account for the next competition hell if i can il put a prize too so i geuss we can consider this one to be a bit of a \"start out with a bang\" kinda thing where its just saying that this is coming back and with a fury or something either way starting with somethign that everyone can do is a great idea and we will probably use the saling difficulty idea which should (if done right and is up to snuff by the time i finish this contest) give people a bit of variety and bring people in that like building specific things.

also the fact that the vectorian fleet builder himself has commented on this is an absolute honor. thank you

Reaction score
    we welcome you Incap as tyhe first contestant and the briliance of the ship is certainly one to be competed with i will have my judge overlook the final immage once its done i am please to say that as of now you are fitst because you are the only contestant to have enter (besides me and im doing it for the hell of it and as rule of thumb....obviously)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I have a battleship on my toodo list but sadly the keel won\'t be laid until after this contest ends.

Reaction score
    i understand that this is massive contest and i understand not everyone can do this i will be hosting other competitions as well as this is only the first of hundreds to come

Reaction score
    Okay, started building my ship. It\'s gonna be quite small but already has 8000+ mass

Reaction score
    as long as it can at very least hit the 150 mark on the length youll be fine we can\'t have just one person alone be in the contest now can we?

Reaction score
    im building a battleship can you postpone the deadline for 3 weeks? my battleship is doing a public showing on the NASS main server in 3 weeks

Reaction score
    Okay, this is my progress so far... It\'s only about 30% done. I\'ve done half the engines and the exterior is about 70% done. The interior is a mere 20%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgemWNP1WAg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So I guess it\'s also ok doing ships by unbuilding another (already existign) one to modify it, or inspiring in famous already existing ships ?

Reaction score
    I\'ve been eyeing this contest for the past few days wondering if I should speak up. I have been working on some designs recently of ships and I do believe one of mine fits what you are looking for. It won\'t be the easiest thing to finish in 27 days, if you still are giving until the 27th of November, but I think I can make it in time.

Checking the requirements...
    Screenshot to prove ownership
    Minimum 500 long, 100 wide, 10 tall.
    Accounting for Crew
    Possible Hanger/Landing Bay
    Only One AMC Weapon computer?[REDACTED?]

Is that all, and do I have to the 27th? If yes, I\'ll get started on it. If no I\'ll start on my Pulsar designs instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got my battleship hope you are awed by it (not much in design but in firepower and speed it outdoes everything) will post a pic soon

Reaction score
    i had no idea there was veey much interest in this please post your pics and be ready to work your best i geuss i\'ll have to postpone the reward until the actual date arrives good luck to you sirs

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Entry - Pristis MKIII - http://star-made.org/node/14027