battleship contest....

Reaction score
    got your attention? good. heres how it works you the community are to build a battleship you have alot of days to submit your ships to this thread.

RULES

-must have a screenshot of the ship (to prove that you built it and to rate it)

-you may have only one AMC computer (having as many vcannons as you want is cool and if it works do it just make sure it has lots of turrets as well)

-Must be at a minimum 500 blocks long 100 blocks wide and 10 blocks tall anything bigger is absolutly fine

-it must take into account that i will carry people. this means that if your large crew cant escape safely if the ship is lost. then they wil die and lets face it in a real life scenario the amabassadors need a way out and so do the troopsas i bet they whould like to see their familly even if they lost the battle

-you may have a landing platform.. just because it's a battleship doesnt mean it cant have a runway or something odd and funny this is a game and it is fun so why whould you not have fun and be creative eh?

-have fun building it if you didnt i am dreadfully sorry in every prospect because again this is a game and is in my opinion the best fun ive had since i played battlefront 2 on my playstation 2

failure to compy, with rules will result in a disqualification from the contest

TIPS

-have fun. this is your vessel and therfore your idea, any ship submitted will be considered to be awesome.

-use a good color pallette that suits you

-to all you amasing people out there; this is meant to be a fun contest to begin bringing up this forum and for each contest i put up there will be more on the line and great things to come and as a big rule of thumb I WILL participate in each contest i put up

AND WITH THAT GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND LET THE BUILDING COMMENCE.

-last day to submit: november 27th 2013]

(oh and sidenote we have a total of three contestants as of now and andf im happyu as ever that people are coming into this and enjoying this kind of thing i will most assuredly post more contests as time passes

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    This isn\'t a challenge as much as it is asking us to make a ship for you. This doesn\'t exactly seem like you want this contest so much as you want a cool ship for you and your friends to roleplay on.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well your right Comr4de, he is just basicly saying for us to build a ship but it can be fun and I\'d love to see people build some good looking battleships.

Reaction score
    Bro, what you mean only 36 blocks tall, never seen a Vertical space craft, were in space no wind resistence

Reaction score
    lulz time to make a navie battleship with the turrets i already designed. buuut, ill need a good 3 weeks to get it done.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I\'d like to take this up, since I have 2 600m Battleships planned, but both have built in weapons, infact they\'re the main guns, so unless that rule is retracted, I won\'t be taking place. Sorry.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    My ships need the array of AMCs on the front and the spinal d-1000 launchers. It\'s a staple of my design ethic, and it\'s an unfair restriction.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It also makes them ridiculously vulnerable to jammer ships.

Reaction score
    well now i see why the weekly chalenge thing is dead........ someone always has to asdsume that i want their ships or something stupid.... should i just take this down? its a shame that the cummunity is so hostile towards anyone who wants to bring everyone together

Reaction score
    go ahead and do what you will with your design id like to see at least 1 vessel submitted the point of this again was to have fun and see what you the community can really do if you put your minds to it.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    People are perpetually suspicious around here (and the internet as a whole, really...), a relatively new/unknown member proposing a big contest with a tight dealine with no mention of a system, prize or any other kind of organization doesn\'t really inspire folks to get onboard.

If you really want this to happen, do it right, talk to some folks and get a few people on board already, set up some procedures on how ships are judged, a little something to reward them for their effort (a nice blueprint of sorts perhaps) and some banners and the likes to make it look professional.

Players aren\'t going to put a huge amount of effort into a challenge from a guy that puts up a post with a few lines of text and an all caps header amongst the hundreds of others, if you want to do events like this, they often require as much effort on your behalf as the contestants.

Good luck!

Reaction score
    I agree with @TheImperialDonut with all his points but to add to what he said,prizes would be nice. For one I\'d like to maybe see contest winners have their winning ship submission be featured in the websites gallery (*Ahem* seeing how it doesn\'t have much of anything new since I can remember). By doing this we can not only make current members more active but also with updating the gallery it will show new comers what StarMade has in store for them

Reaction score
    i originally thought that if i put upm a challenge i whould be able to participate as well and see what could be done in the community and the fact that everyone here has been nothing short of hostile to me has been kind of steering me towards this if i could actualy find people who could enjoy building this i whould let them in and as a result i also thought that since the chalenge had to be weekly i had to make it a one week deadline and even ive been scrambling to make my starship entry for this i geuss the firt thing i will do is increase the deadline once i post this....

either way it doesnt really make sense to me i thought since the yogscast came in we whould find some nice and friendly players that could work togethor and hell even make this community more buetifal than anything ive seen before but seeing as i basically screwed up the entire challenge with way to foreword thinking and lack of text and images to support the contest....i Will do better next time with this and i do plan to breath life into the section of the forums if it damn well kills me

Reaction score
    if i could get people on board i could give away keys to the game and other cool nonsense (like a massive starwars prop or something) and having their ship put in the gallery whould provide some amasing things for the community and even provide incentive for being creative and having fun in the game....(if only i could get a hold of the person who puts things in that gallery huh i will do my best to find out)

Reaction score
    Does it have to be built by hand or can a program such as SMedit be used?(I\'m assuming by hand)

Reaction score
    I as a whole suck at building ships. But i am very interested in what others can build. It would be nice if some people would actually upload their battleships. Would be amazing to see the variety that we could get here.