Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Pretty simple, but very useful! If people could hit V on a block, and hit C on all the blocks it needs to be connected to, it would greatly help in shortening build times. I suppose there could be a mode-changing button or keyboard shortcut, whatever works best.

example: memory storage module, 8 1byte locations, and a shift register to go between them. To meausure the output of each mem-loc, I use a line of 8 OR gates. to connect them, I need to connect 8 * nth (nth being the number of memory locations, 8 in this case) connections, and each connection I need to hit C again on the output AND gate and look back to the line of OR gates. When connecting the input, I simply have to hit C on a single OR gate, and run up the line of input AND gates spamming V. Why shouldn't I be able to do this the other way around?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This would be excellent for debugging complex logic like adders and decoders.

Reaction score
    That would be quite useful. It should work the same with storage and factories too, such as when you have a bunch of factories that all need to pull from the same storage.
    Maybe the keys could be setup so that Shift+C allows you to select more than one block then pressing V connects all of the selected blocks.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I like the thought, but how would you implement it?

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    rocketman221 You can already do that with V, it selects multiple gates at the same time, it might be too confusing. I'd also like it to act the same way as the normal C + V method. so instead of hitting SHIFT+C, Id rather just change modes, hit V on a block, and start spamming C, or even SHIFT+C in the same way you can hit SHIFT+V to select multiple blocks.

Calhoun probably a hotkey, or an advanced build menu option. Maybe hit ALT+C to switch modes?

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yup! Definitely needs some method of easily checking which mode you are in. I rather like the cursor idea.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Bump. I have seen this idea come up before, a few times. Popular & practical.

Agreed! :)

Reaction score
    +1 anyone who does logic wants this. Especially if and only if gates. Sheesh.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is actually pretty different from the typical "color the master blocks" suggestion.

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    "color the master blocks" that does sound a little strange.. so you would select everything to be C'ed, then hit V on the block/blocks to connect to? A little more abstract than my suggestion, but it might actually be better! It gives you more control because you could probably select more than one V block that way.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Pretty simple, but very useful! If people could hit V on a block, and hit C on all the blocks it needs to be connected to,
    Better yet. C to select, X to "backwards" connect,
    V to "forwards" connect. Why? Because ZXCVB

Reactions: Valck

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Pretty simple, but very useful! If people could hit V on a block, and hit C on all the blocks it needs to be connected to, it would greatly help in shortening build times. I suppose there could be a mode-changing button or keyboard shortcut, whatever works best.

example: memory storage module, 8 1byte locations, and a shift register to go between them. To meausure the output of each mem-loc, I use a line of 8 OR gates. to connect them, I need to connect 8 * nth (nth being the number of memory locations, 8 in this case) connections, and each connection I need to hit C again on the output AND gate and look back to the line of OR gates. When connecting the input, I simply have to hit C on a single OR gate, and run up the line of input AND gates spamming V. Why shouldn't I be able to do this the other way around?
    For anyone that does a lot with logic, this is very much so needed. I'd suggest making it work by using CTRL + C. This does a reverse connection. pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C would additionally do reverse connections to a whole group.