At this point, will the devs listen to the playerbase even?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Kind of, but I think that would only be applicable if they had finished the old system to beta at least, capped it, and done this new power / new sound as a new "album," - i.e. Starmade 2 (or whatever). This would have been preferrable commercially (people buy both) and for retention of the old guard, rather than essentially erasing their really popular first album in order to use the title for a totally different one.

I believe I actually suggested they do something like split the game into 2 franchises during the P2 proposal phase, when it became clear that the direction was so different as to be almost a new game entire.

Reactions: Blakpik
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I personally would like to see both systems existing side by side as choices to the player, with proper balance work and continued tweaking. Each would have unique strengths and weaknesses which the player would have to carefully weigh depending on design goals.
    [doublepost=1516339774,1516339550][/doublepost]Actually. This really hits it on the head:

Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things - TV Tropes

Reactions: Agame3 and Blakpik
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Fans. Fans never change.

Life, for most people, eventually moves on, and so things change. Cool things come and go. The Earth keeps spinning, lonely through the void.

But fans never change.

G

GDPR 302420

Th vile fan vs dev attitude is driving away players, it is pointless, and it WILL KILL this game
    Whats killing this game is developers driving it into the ground and fanboys who respond to any and all criticism of any aspect of this game with "Well you should just leave if you dont like it grrrr"

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Whats killing this game is developers driving it into the ground and fanboys who respond to any and all criticism of any aspect of this game with "Well you should just leave if you dont like it grrrr"
    Not entirely sold on that first part, the scope of this update is proof enough to me that at least one particularly silent dev is still very interested in this game & what its reception on release could be. But can agree that the cheersquadding is obnoxious, unnecessary and ultimately harmful to the game. This game is still in developement, it obviously has flaws, we should all expect to see some complaints about the game we enjoy and considering it's unfinished state, accept them for what they are. Nobody here needs to be offended on Schemas behalf.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The update is mostly good. The one bad part (stabilizers) can be disabled in configs.

Reaction score
    The update is mostly good. The one bad part (stabilizers) can be disabled in configs.
    So you're quite satisfied with an "integrity" system that effectively forces the player to "create" all systems as cubes, are you? View my recent thread under General Discussion for a screenshot of this new "feature" in all of its shining glory.....

Reaction score
    In the end it's shines game. and for passionate devs a game is like a kid. You can make suggestions and hate the kids attitude but in the end the parent gets to raise it however they want. Prsonally i like the power 2.0 it makes much more sense this way and allows for a mor elogical approach to building and fighting.

Reaction score
    Until either child protective services and/or the police take the kid away and send the little fellow to a foster home or juvie if he was raised especially well.

Reactions: Agame3 and Blakpik
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If they just reworked the Purpule Dong, Structual Integrity and Stabilizors the game would be in a much better place imo.
    Personaly I'd be fine with it then. Maybe not thrilled, but itd be usable.

If there are no further changes the update is simply far too harmful to how I like to play and build (With freedom, and enjoyment) and thus I will have to spend my time elsewhere.
    I just hate that I've spent 4 years of my life hanging onto schemas every word till I fell on my face and realised that Schema wasn't there anymore :,(

What gets me the most atm is the fact that they have posted the New Update EVERYWHERE BUT HERE......
    If they had left themselves open to further work and changes, then sure that would have been liveable.
    But this is just a slap across the face. They don't even need to say it when their actions speak loud of all:
    The devs no longer care about or want feedback or crtisim from this forum.

Considering that these "offcial" forums are run just off someones pocket money and adds I would not be suprised at all if parts of the forums were closed down in the future due to "finacial reasons".

Reaction score
    Considering that these "offcial" forums are run just off someones pocket money and adds I would not be suprised at all if parts of the forums were closed down in the future due to "finacial reasons".
    I highly doubt that. This forum is an income and not an expense.

The only thing that could happen is, that Schema decides to switch the forum owner, when he is unsatisfied with the current staff. But I have no proof for that and that's just theorizing from my side.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I highly doubt that. This forum is an income and not an expense.

The only thing that could happen is, that Schema decides to switch the forum owner, when he is unsatisfied with the current staff. But I have no proof for that and that's just theorizing from my side.
    I've had it happen before with a different developer (Moving to steam and reditt forums), so hopefully they aren't scared away.
    As long as they actualy post the News Update here like they have for every other update there's hope XD

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The answer to this question is no.

I'm honestly wondering if they're driving the game into the ground just to clean away the community...but of course they have to realize they're game would still be dead and buried in the ground still...right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    StarMade - Steam Charts Not really sure if this game even qualifies as being alive. Real Talk- I came to this game shortly after it became available because I was looking for an alternative to Space Engineers that was fun, had more build options that allowed imagination and didn't seem to require a programming degree for anything "cool". Over the years I have dealt with an overhaul of logic, an overhaul of docking, and this overhaul of power and its relation to systems in general. I feel the logic block count needed to perform a function is a bit much, I have learned to really appreciate the rail system ,the only major overhaul I am 100% behind. Then there is this piece of garbage to put it bluntly.

The purple dong is just a slap in the face to any player even attempting to build ships with interiors. Stabilizers are junk and not thought out. Reactor count should require volume, not distance. Stabilizers should work in conjunction with integrity to determine a build. Essentially use stabilizer blocks as a shaping tool for the build. Reactor count requires "x" volume. Stabilizers create the shape of the build that would be seen in build mode. Integrity is met with a corresponding hull shape. Less size than the volume requires creates instability. More size than the shape creates a volume penalty similar to a mass penalty, but with an effect system wide. Mass weight would still penalize movement - hence this promotes interiors. Also the first starfleet engineer to design shields that only cover part of the ship and cant work within the field of another shield would be declared as Romulan and ejected out the the first available torpedo tube. Plum Dumb.

Essentially, I didnt come here to build flying penises. I came to build ships. I also came to enjoy multiplayer. As evidenced by the link, multiplayer basically doesn't exist. Now the positives that brought me to this game are also being slowly snuffed out. Has me looking very closely for an alternative.... looks like a lot of the OG migrated into Skywanderers.

Last edited:

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hostility I
    Clearly veterans are the problem. Anyone who has been playing this game for more than 2 years should just get shoved in a gulag or something if they don't defend every decision Schine makes to the death. Problem solved.

Then all of the new kids can play around with their Power 2.0 and just be Schine-sucking yes-men in peace for a couple of months before the forums get closed because JinM and Valiant70 are the only people still here.

Reaction score
    had more build options that allowed imagination
    This.

The sole reason I play THIS space minecraft game and not one of the many others is this one gave me the greatest amount of creative freedom.

SE is nice, has big planets, but three-meter sized ship blocks and prefabricated components are a nightmare for the creative spirit. Also, stuff explodes from looking at it. And crazy physics.

And what do we get? Limitations to creative freedom, and the first physics using blocks. Seriously, didn't you learn it yet from Skyrim's backwards flying dragons? Attempts at videogame physics engines eat up a lot of manhours to create, a lot of processing power to run, and cause a lot of mess that nobody expected. Give me a nice fake illusion any day instead.

Edit:

What's up with the "hostility warning" on the above post? He's just a little cynical. Not without reason, I might add. I even found it an entertaining read. If someone needs to be protected from posts like that, they might have been over-sheltered. Heavily.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This.

The sole reason I play THIS space minecraft game and not one of the many others is this one gave me the greatest amount of creative freedom.

SE is nice, has big planets, but three-meter sized ship blocks and prefabricated components are a nightmare for the creative spirit. Also, stuff explodes from looking at it. And crazy physics.

And what do we get? Limitations to creative freedom, and the first physics using blocks. Seriously, didn't you learn it yet from Skyrim's backwards flying dragons? Attempts at videogame physics engines eat up a lot of manhours to create, a lot of processing power to run, and cause a lot of mess that nobody expected. Give me a nice fake illusion any day instead.
    I agree man, compared to SpaceEng or Empyrion, we have some more possibilities here, when it comes to building creative.

I am a little bit on the currious side, why the big money companies didn't fill that holes jet. I mean it would be pretty easy for this big developers to make some usefull display logic interactions, and to get some more triggers for spawning astronaut-npcs ingame. The whole mapping and modding stuff isn't on their focus right now either. They could really get, what Minecraft had: People were able (that doesn't mean many did) to make amazing maps with own stories via redstone and later on command blocks. I can understand, that Starmade doesn't focus on it, but the big competitors seem a little lazy there in my eyes.

Reaction score
    What's up with the "hostility warning" on the above post? He's just a littly cynical. Not without reason, I might add. I even found it an entertaining read. If someone needs to be protected from posts like that, they might have been over-sheltered. Heavily.
    I understand where your reaction is coming from, as I can see both sides of this issue. The reason I suspect that post was given a hostility warning was that the statements made, although satirical, could easily be seen as intentional provocation. Phrases like "shoved in a gulag" or "Schine-sucking yes-men" are likely intended to have a cynical joking tone to them, but come across, to me at least, as threatening and hateful speech. It's probably not meant to be taken seriously, but it is being used as a form of shaming (known in the sports industry as hazing), which shouldn't occur in any situation, especially one that is meant to be welcoming of new members.