Read by Schine Asteroid Wrangling: A new way to mine.

Do you want to be an Asteroid Wrangler.

• You have got to be joking?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I kinda like this. I also kinda like switching "salvage" from a system to an effect.

MMM, salvage missiles.

Reaction score
    I wonder how strong the blocks would be? I assume 200 for terrain and asteroid blocks, all the other blocks their hp.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    There will need to be a benefit to bringing it back to a shipyard other than the process. Otherwise it will become simpler and quicker to do it the way we already do. There are various ways that it could be tethered as well which is an interesting concept for the game overall.

Reaction score
    There will need to be a benefit to bringing it back to a shipyard other than the process. Otherwise it will become simpler and quicker to do it the way we already do.
    Snip
    I thought that using something like the shipyard to refine it would result in an efficiency bonuse, or instead of using the ship yard just make salvage beams on stations have a efficiency bonuse, that way itll give the option for players to build factory's with salvage beams and rail blocks, my idea with this is being able to slice up the asteroids to more manageable chunks. To be refined in the station factory.

I feel like this could be a way to make mining more interesting and possibly as others have commented about, adding a tier to resource collection.

This method is not intended to be faster than planet eating arrays, but simply more interesting and efficient.

Thanks for your comment :D