Bug Asteroid don't respawn in v0.19361

Reaction score
    It's not my server, so I'm not sure what is going on.

This update should have fixed the respawning of Asteroid, but now none of the astroids that I carried to my base respawn after harvesting.
    I tried to build my base in a other location, and tried to get astroids from other parts of the galaxy. It doesn't work.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Thats intended,
    they respawn in place or not at all,
    its no longer exploitable to relocate a lot of asteroids to your base, and have endless respawning of half-mined asteroids near your base.

Issue to refer to:
    T173: Completely mined asteroids not properly saved / respawn of half mined asteroids

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thanks for the quick response. So much for my mining base :p I hoped T173 would mean that they would just repawn fully.
    Does this mean that if I build a place next to a astroid field, and not move the asteroids: I can still (automatically) mine it and have them respawned?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Did not test it, to be honest.

I assume they do respawn, better test it on a nearby asteroid field and try to mine a few of them.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Tester
    No ... they do respawn in there current state and are gone after they are fully mined now.
    Asteroid respawn will be handled in different manner i the future ... i hope.

Reaction score
    SmilingDemon, do you mean that Asteroid will respawn if I build a base near it and let it mine it?
    (because it looks like you're saying that, but your "no" confuses me a bit)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438949805,1438949768][/DOUBLEPOST]AndyP, ill do this. Want me to tell you if it works?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    SmilingDemon, do you mean that Asteroid will respawn if I build a base near it and let it mine it?
    (because it looks like you're saying that, but your "no" confuses me a bit)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438949805,1438949768][/DOUBLEPOST]AndyP, ill do this. Want me to tell you if it works?
    Ah right,

this means:

If you mine them half, they will respawn half.
    (Actually, unless you add blocks, to an asteroid it only gets saved as "mass", and will be regenerated on reloading the sector from the mass.)

So a sector reload is like respawn, technically, however, IF you mine one completely, they will not come back.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Doesn't that mean that Asteroids will run out eventually?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Exactly ... until the point in the future when the game will get a mechanic to replenish the asteroids ...
    at least i think there will be something like that in some form or another.

Reaction score
    SmilingDemon and AndyP, thanks for your fast responses! I too hope it will be handled in a different manner in the future, but for now I'll prob just need to scavenge the universe.
    (On the other hand, if Asteroid become more rare, people will be forced to explore other parts and wage war for untouched lands. That can be fun.)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol how about for now make it so they respawn when the sector is unloaded for X number of hours? I'm talking totally regenerated and back where they were or even better if the asteroids are totally mined the sector they were in respawns a new group of asteroids after staying unloaded for a while? :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So, instead of being able to 'exploit' a little bit and drag asteroids to our base (I never did this, personally, I usually just claim systems and mine on the spot, but still), we now are encouraged to mine planets and kill servers?

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Next update better either bring back respawning asteroids, or let us replenish the belts with faction points (YOU KNOW, LIKE WAS PLANNED). Otherwise, asteroid mining is worthless.