Ask Mega

Is this trend(of council-applicants making Q&A threads) good or bad?

• good

Votes: 16 51.6%
    • bad

Votes: 4 12.9%
    • neither

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Couple of questions even though I already voted,

Do you have any sort of plans or roadmaps for logic based suggestions or advice for schine?
    Same as above, but for modding?
    Same as above, but for server management tools? (especially live & offline database connections/management and entity/player management?)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Do you have any sort of plans or roadmaps for logic based suggestions or advice for schine?
    Some sort of logic block, that activates adjacent activation modules or buttons(on the same entity), if it recieves a signal through a C-V link. Why? So using copy&paste to generate repetitive logic structures(such as memory for a counter) does not need to be followed up by linking all the storage cells together, which can become quite some work. With the possible addition of cross entity activation, if next to a rail with something docked on it, and an activator/button next to the rail-docker.
    The purpose of the latter if we already have the wireless block? The wireless block is too specific. It will only transmit to a specific entity, and that entity will be the same under any circumstances, until the block is linked to a different one. The adjacency mechanic e.g. allows automatic trains to know when to open their automatic doors, even if multiple ones are on the exact same railtrack, so wireless logic can't be used, as it is unknowable which train is at a stop.
    Same as above, but for modding?
    One of the two until beta: (IMPORTANT: this is not what schine may be planning, it was what I wish they would plan)
    • Fix what little of an API there already is, or expand it.(as some event listeners don't fire currently)
    • Deobfuscate more of what is unneccessarily obfuscated.(so that an API is not needed)
    Same as above, but for server management tools? (especially live & offline database connections/management and entity/player management?)
    A way to use own code for saving and loading a universe(not blueprints), so that people can make formats, that suit their server better at their own risk?
    And always: integration of own commands using the command prefix (/), and more commands for just retrieving data about the status quo.
    Apart from that, I think much will depend on the needs of the server in question.

Reactions: Tunk
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I need my account banned and deleted, its being used by other people, and the password change keeps reverting to the original and is broken, just delete the fucking account please thank you.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?
    If you are looking for certificates or similar, there are none.
    Otherwise, does my application contain information, that answers your question?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I need my account banned and deleted, its being used by other people, and the password change keeps reverting to the original and is broken, just delete the fucking account please thank you.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    More to the effect of how you used whats in your application to contribute towards the council and game progression.

How will your modding and coding skills translate players suggestions to schine. Will you figure out how you would code it then push that to schine.

In short how can your experience be used effectively to contribute to the community.
    In general, I use my programming skills to estimate how much work implementing a suggestion will be, and then use the merit/work quotient to determine how much to push for it.
    I also try to determine whether or not a suggestion is viable performance wise, and factor that in too(it will only affect the order of when to push for what, not whether or not to push for it at all).
    Many suggestions, that involve new features can also be improved(performance wise) before being implemented using such estimations.

Reactions: Rezerian
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Some sort of logic block, that activates adjacent activation modules or buttons(on the same entity), if it recieves a signal through a C-V link. Why? So using copy&paste to generate repetitive logic structures(such as memory for a counter) does not need to be followed up by linking all the storage cells together, which can become quite some work. With the possible addition of cross entity activation, if next to a rail with something docked on it, and an activator/button next to the rail-docker.
    The purpose of the latter if we already have the wireless block? The wireless block is too specific. It will only transmit to a specific entity, and that entity will be the same under any circumstances, until the block is linked to a different one. The adjacency mechanic e.g. allows automatic trains to know when to open their automatic doors, even if multiple ones are on the exact same railtrack, so wireless logic can't be used, as it is unknowable which train is at a stop.
    Answers like that are why I voted.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Will you vote for me?