Ask Comr4de - OR, How I Met the Arstotzkan Emperor

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is the balance of the starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    PVP or PVE?

What is the one worst thing StarMade that needs to be changed immediately?

What is the best thing in StarMade that should never change?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Your priority ordering is thoughtful. I would personally see fleet control before SP content and NPCs any day (last place hurts a little for drone friends), but I can see the solid reasoning behind your list. You do have your priorities right and you made the best effort to show this so far, so you can be pretty sure of my vote.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Cheap 40pt tank will be made the state religion yes?

Best tank!
    Is the balance of the starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these?
    Absolutely yes to both.
    PVP or PVE?

What is the one worst thing StarMade that needs to be changed immediately?

What is the best thing in StarMade that should never change?
    PvP, for the sole reason that PvE AI is laughably predictable. It's very easy to get the jump on AI.

The one thing I would change immediately (if I could) would be omnidirectional shielding. Weakspots should exist!

The best thing in starmade (which has remained fairly constant) is the fairly consistent developer interaction with the community. I think that they've generally done an awesome job, and I'd love to see that continue into the future.

Reactions: Planr
    Reaction score
    I don't think I can back a man who like bundt cake, guess I'll have to back the Giraffe then. ;)

Reactions: Comr4de

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Do you like cats?
    What do you think is the ideal balance of look and efficiency?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Do you like cats?
    What do you think is the ideal balance of look and efficiency?
    I have dogs but I also like cats. I had a cat when I was much younger. MY neighbors did not like cats, and so they put out catnip mixed with snail poison. Needless to say, the HOA for our neighborhood was not very amused. Nor were my parents, or myself, but that's a different story.

I feel that in a perfect world, you should be able to have an effective combat ship while also looking good. Unfortunately, you can sacrifice either one to max out the other. No matter what we do, there are always going to be power gamers. The best thing we can do is advocate for a balance of ship effectiveness and aesthetic. I know that I didn't really answer the question but it's a dilemma that has no clear-cut solution.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm also a strong believer in the class warfare model.
    Well, if it's not well-fare, I'm okay with it I guess.

Serious questions: (sorry if some were already asked)
    How often will you respond to people on the forums? How long will you be able to give genuine responses to all the half-assed ideas people bring before you start getting frustrated?
    Are you going to be bias'ed towards one set of issues and not the other? What issues are the closest to your heart? Do you already have a set list of issues that you want to lobby for? How much clout do you have in the system?
    Do you think Schema needs a team of coders, and not just himself? How will he recruit/pay for a team, and what would a dream team look like?
    What do you think of Schema? Do you know him personally, or have you spoken with him at all? What is he doing right, and what could he be doing... better on? What do you think of the staff here?
    How do you plan on dealing with the recent decrease in quality of videos from the Mushroom Fleet? What can you do to turn them around?
    What do you think of the ship sizes as of late? If you were to redesign the ship class chart, what would the new masses be?
    How is the sex life?
    What are you studying in school? How is it going?
    What kind of books do you read? What kind of movies do you watch? What is your favorite genre?
    How confident are you about winning a seat? If their were only 8 seats, and you ended up coming in 9th, who would be the guy right above you in 8th you think? If you weren't elected, who would you want to be elected in your place?
    How crazy ar- Ahem. Do you believe we landed on the moon? Have you watch the Apollo documentary videos made by NASA? (they are like 20 minutes long each, made in the 1970's.) What is your stance on climate change? Do you think republican governors banning discussion of climate change in their office's will finally rid the globe of this threat? Is it a threat? Do you believe that political scientists that are paid to write bogus articles (happens on both sides) could be the main cause of American's distrust in Science?
    How much of an astronomer are you? What do you think of Pluto?
    What kind of mouse do you use? If you were to upgrade, what would you use? What is your computer setup right now?
    If you were a meme, what would it be? What is your favorite meme? Reaction image? What is your least favorite? What do you find most annoying?
    Why were you the first one to post one of these threads? What do you think about these questions? Am I doing it right?
    -edited for more questions :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Jesus, that's a lot. Here's the first five while I type up the next few.

1) I usually spend a minimum of 2 hours on here perusing the forums. As far as responding to half-assed ideas, I try to provide input that hasn't already been gone over on threads with at least a little bit of original thought. I'm also not bad at being able to filter out what people have put thought into, and which person wants a Halo armor/gun/ship.

2)The closest issue to my heart is the holy trinity of offense/defense/maneuver. Right now maneuver/offense are kind of off the charts good, while defense kind of suffers. I really wanna see this fixed/defense patched up to be up to snuff. The meta right now is really just "drop swarm missiles and jump" and that isn't fun for anyone.

3)Yes, with money, and I'd love to see Megacrafter get hired.

4)Schema's a cool guy. I've spoken to him personally a few times and he's nice. The one thing he really struggled with was communication with the public, or at least its regularity. I feel that this has been somewhat patched with the dev blogs, and I am interested to see where the council goes.

5)

"Not my problem"

MF is an autonomous channel with no bearing to the council or schine. What they do is their business.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Megacrafter is one of the few people who's active on the forums and is also well versed in the game's code. I stand by my statements. If anyone is qualified, he is.
    While that is another flattering statement, it still doesn't answer my question. It explains why you would/might vote for me, but not the reverse(unless you expect a "what you did to me, that shall I do to you" policy from my side) :P