Asgard Shipyard

Reaction score
    Asgard Shipyard

Last UpDated: 28.08.2014

Hi I have finally decided to try and make a real shipyard thread.

I think I now have a design with which I can build a real fleet. And here the first three ships that I will build.

I will use the following method to organice my ships.

01 - fighter

02 - frigate
    • 02_003_Hugin
    • 02_004_Munin
    03 - cruiser

04 - battleship

05 - Dreadnought

06 - Titan

11 - turrets

Each ship gets first the designation for its class, followed by the number of the design, which is a running number. Also I will not primaly use mass for this. For example the Titan class will be the ships with flagship parts and there may very well be Dreadnought that are bigger.

Ships finished

frigates

• heavy frigate Hugin
    you can get the ship here: http://starmadedock.net/content/heavy-frigate-hugin.1357/

• heavy frigate Munin
    you can get the ship here: http://starmadedock.net/content/munin-v1.1378/

current WIP

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I suppose the biggest gripe for the next several posts would have been that all the ships are the same except different sizes. But now that I pointed that out in a gentlemanly manner that should not happen.

Okay now that that has been stopped onto actual helpful chit chat.

Reaction score
    Well I want them to look alike. They are from the same fleet. And while they seem identical too you, differences in thrust and shields make each occupie a different niche in fleet tactics. And I would like to point out that these are the first ships and I still experiment with what I can do with the new systems.

There will be more exotic vessels in the future. But you have to begin with the normal stuff and work your way up to the crazy builds.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I suppose the biggest gripe for the next several posts would have been that all the ships are the same except different sizes. But now that I pointed that out in a gentlemanly manner that should not happen.

Okay now that that has been stopped onto actual helpful chit chat.
    I agree, part of what makes a pretty (and effective) fleet is diversity. Ships can have vastly different external designs however as long as they follow a similar design scheme and color palette they normaly fit in with each other pretty well. I have to say, it will be interesting to see what kind of ships are build using this quite unique external design.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree, part of what makes a pretty (and effective) fleet is diversity. Ships can have vastly different external designs however as long as they follow a similar design scheme and color palette they normaly fit in with each other pretty well. I have to say, it will be interesting to see what kind of ships are build using this quite unique external design.

He will probably change it....again. In his previous thread he changed the ship several different times :p

Reaction score
    Got a little work done

the frigate Loki next to the valhalla heavy cruiser. Both have the rough outer hull done, next comes the Thor.

I like that Armadillo-style armor. It has it's place in space :)
    And they look brutal, as in, they can tank a lot and dish out a lot of punishment !

Reaction score
    Again a small update of what I did today. Not much but here it is.

So I got a little work on the rocket cruiser´s armor done.

But most of my time was spent on making a turret. So this one is a cannon-laser-explosive dual turret with 2000m range. And it is blue!!

So that is all for today.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Oh awesome, you're making a shipyard proper for yourself ; good luck! I know you're more than capable of building the awesome ships needed to rise to ultimate prominence

Reaction score
    I do not think he has anything to fear. His ships are work of pure art, I have produced nothing which I would dare to compare to his work.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I contest that; though I do not think I've ever laid eyes upon anything of yours that was truly completed

Reaction score
    that is a main problem ^^, I finished some smaller ships. But the really big ones I started, I never had the time or endurance to finish. I can blame some of that to the patches. I wanted to wait for them to update with the new stuff. But as it turned out they simply did not work anymore.

And I have much to much fun starting new stuff :D

These are two of my three "big" projects. At least Ares, the one obove here, I wish to finish some time. But as I said I am quickly excited with new ship´s^^. So for now I want at least to finish the three I started here, to get some real ships out.

I just checked, Ares has almost no thrust anymore but 3.9 x 10^7 Shield strengh^^

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    that is a main problem ^^, I finished some smaller ships. But the really big ones I started, I never had the time or endurance to finish. I can blame some of that to the patches. I wanted to wait for them to update with the new stuff. But as it turned out they simply did not work anymore.

And I have much to much fun starting new stuff :D

These are two of my three "big" projects. At least Ares, the one obove here, I wish to finish some time. But as I said I am quickly excited with new ship´s^^. So for now I want at least to finish the three I started here, to get some real ships out.
    wow,they look great !! love the engines :)

Reaction score
    Small Update

I worked on the hull of the frigate but that would be boring to show, so here two new turrets :D

11_001 - s - tripple beam-cannon-overdrive turret

Updated: 28.08.2014

GameVersion: 0.1617

11_002 - s - quadro cannon cannon-overdrive turret

Updated: 28.08.2014

GameVersion: 0.1617

Ok I am much more pleased with these two, ignore the ugly white tanklike thing in the background. The tripple turret is against small ships. I ripps normal hull to pieces and make good damage to hardened hull. The small tripple turret is mostly to annoy the enemy and fill the space with lots of pew pew pew.

Also if you are interested in the details of the turrets. I intend to keep a file with all things from Asgard. So I added a file to the first post where you can find all information to the finished builds.

Last edited: