Another solution to invincible faction bases

Reaction score
    From what little I've read on this subject, it seems like SM is heading towards a system where a faction can have both an invulnerable station and one or more non-invulnerable ones. Some people think it will be a matter of spending points to allow for progressively larger size of protected bases, or even hybrid invulnerable/vulnerable ones.
    That last idea is really intriguing to me.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe points spend for invincibility should only count functional blocks.
    Likewise a Trade station with a lot of RP and few weapons/shields should not contribute as much to sector-control as a military outpost would do.

For me it is painful to see peoples destroying nice RP for trolling around as well as peoples hiding their RP stuff rather than sharing it because they fear trolls.

--- Idea ---

Have your trade station provide a secure place (like a parallel universe's sector) where players can store limited assets.

0. If a player controls a system to 20%, his outposts produce 20% of their maximum possible invincibility points.

A sector can only have 1 player station, thus sectors don't need an own modifier.

1. The maximum possible base production of invincibility points == how much that station would consume.

base production could be multiplied and powed to produce an asymptotic graph dependent on mass of vitals (not counting RP stuff?) to put a soft cap on it's size when not supported by outposts.

2. A second invincible station would consume twice as much.
    3. A third triples the consumption.

Each index (first, second, third) can only be assigned once - thus you get an array/table listing
    { index(=multiplier) : invincible station
    , index2(=multiplier) : invincible station
    }​

3. When you have not sufficient production the third loses invincibility
    damage reduction to == 0=< points spent / points should be spent <= 100​
    2. If the third has 0% invincibility, the second starts to lose 100%..0,
    1. Then the first.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I proposed something similar for NASS and I could implement if now I'm certain. Generating interest is the issue. Plus I'm only one person. This isn't AoE2 where I can rebuild civilisation from one worker :3~