Planned Another Planet Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andem, Dec 5, 2015.

1. aceface

ohhh! lol nice

2. therimmer96

therimmer96 The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher

What build of the game is this?!

• Like Like x 3
    3. kiddan

kiddan Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror

Could you upload the world to a file sharing service, by any chance? If not, how deep can you dig? 'Cause I really want to know. =P

• Like Like x 4
    4. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

Opening your presents before Christmas? Naughty Naughty...
      Batman.gif

On the other hand, those pictures have a similar look to that "April Fools" teaser gif that Schine released last year.

If they pull this off and it doesn't lag us to pieces, there will be no words to describe how impressed I'll be.

• Like Like x 3
    5. jstenholt

Holy
      SHIT

I can't even tell you how hyped I am. How does this not have its own thread? I hate to have Schine's load blown accidentally, but DAMN.

6. Muffin_man17

Oh boy can't wait to start building cities!

Hopefully the planets aren't to resource intensive. Wonder how big these planets can get?

• Like Like x 1
    7. Ryuusei

This...

This is....

*falls over and croaks*

*edit*
      But, in all seriousness, I do hope that some really nice optimizations are added along with that new planet structure. Otherwise, people won't really be able to enjoy them if their game crashes when the planet loads.

8. DeepspaceMechanic

Was this new world started in one of the current Dev Builds?

Could you please share the build number of the game version in which you discovered that planet?

9. MConlisk

I will try to upload the files somewhere, but this planet is huge.
      I'm using the current released build.

I was talking to someone on my server today and and they were telling me that other people that they know have tried to reproduce this planet with no success. So I tried again to make another on and had no trouble. So, I took a bunch more pictures. here is a couple. I am working on exporting the sector so I can upload it. But at this time when I export this sector it is empty.
      starmade-screenshot-0054.png starmade-screenshot-0044.png starmade-screenshot-0041.png

• Like Like x 5
    10. Dr. Whammy

It seems to be constructed of semi-triangular plates; like a smoothed out icosahedron or some other kind of deltahedron. Have you tired landing on it to test its gravity? What kind of lag does it generate?

If this isn't Schine's "April Fools" planet from last year, I can think of a few other possibilities.

- It may be a player made structure. Several of us (myself included) were attempting to make artificial planets over the past year; though at a smaller scale. Search your server's blueprints for anything out of the ordinary.

- Given its large size, a mega-builder like SkylordLukeSkylordLuke might have paid you a visit and left you a present.

- I could also be an unused test asset; created by Schine but not used due to intense resource requirements and lag.

#50 Dr. Whammy, Dec 7, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

Not Skylord's style of build and I don't believe anyone could replicate StarMade's natural terrain generation so well and make it have no nav marker.

12. Crashmaster

Crashmaster I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one

This was interesting enough to start up the game again. Then it null pointered less then 2 minutes in. Good to see everything is still working the same.

13. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

Probably just need to re-install tbh

• Like Like x 1
    14. Dr. Whammy

Not necessarily him specifically, but there are quite a few large builders out there. While tedious, if you used copy and paste with a powerful computer, you could replicate Schine's terrain-gen-tech given enough time.

With that having been said, I doubt anyone has the patience for that, given the current stagnation of the game. Also, we saw Schine's gif last year and this thing fits the description. Hopefully, it's not a hoax.

15. MConlisk

If anyone know's how to open an .ent file I have the whole planet all the segments and core. I just can not export it. Let me know if you have some tool. I'll upload the export

• Like Like x 1
    16. Ryuusei

Have you tried to land there and toss a build block down and save the whole thing as a blueprint?

17. MConlisk

When I placed a build block on it, the game crashed. I assume that was because of the way this planet is made. There in a core file, but no core as what we think lave ball. I'm on to something tonight that may be fruitful I'll of course keep everyone posted

• Like Like x 4
    18. MrGrey1

/export_sector X Y Z new_planet_sector
      The sector files are saved in starmade/sector-export.

19. MConlisk

This doesn't work, the exported sector is empty. I have to ... for a lack of a better word .. "fix", the planet file first.
      Here is the list of files that make it up. I figure I should show that these files are real.

PlanetICO.png

• Like Like x 2
    20. aceface

planetICO + 20 of them...
      So we go from dodecahedrons to icosahedrons!

• Like Like x 2