Aim Logic Fired Weapons

D

Deleted member 678402

Basically be able to aim weapons that are logic activated.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Basically be able to aim weapons that are logic activated.
    Logic fired weapons can and already are pretty powerful. I'd rather have them fixed like they are, but I understand why you would want to aim them.

D

Deleted member 678402

Logic fired weapons can and already are pretty powerful. I'd rather have them fixed like they are, but I understand why you would want to aim them.
    I mean they would shoot where your cursor is and not in the direction their pointed since their a docked entity

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I mean they would shoot where your cursor is and not in the direction their pointed since their a docked entity
    Yeah I understand. My original statement still stands.

Reaction score
    Instead of this I would like the ability to turn turrets on/off with logic. Maybe link a screen to the bobby which displays the settings you want to load on the turret. This would allow you to switch to "attack my target" or "fire at will", or disable the turret entirely.

For salvaging, I usually create a turret and hop in it to aim while toggling the firing through logic.

Reaction score
    Instead of this I would like the ability to turn turrets on/off with logic. Maybe link a screen to the bobby which displays the settings you want to load on the turret. This would allow you to switch to "attack my target" or "fire at will", or disable the turret entirely.

For salvaging, I usually create a turret and hop in it to aim while toggling the firing through logic.
    linking the rails to logic would be the way to do it if we could. like how cargo can be crosslinked between entities.
    But personally simply having a turret GUI that is not in system collective would be amazing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can. If you build it on a turret that has a minimal weapon(like 1 block Can/Las) controlled by a bobby AI with turret set to aim at your target, then trigger the turrets main weapons wirelessly. But everything you target will get shot by the bobby with the popgun, so maybe use a pull or stop effect to not cause damage. The only downside is having the minimal weapon for the bobby. If the min weapons are linked to logic, I'm pretty sure the bobby can't fire them, just like they wouldn't show up in your hotbar.

I think you might see that kind of behavior with NPC updates, some of their features might get added onto what the bobby can already do. Just a guess, but I think that's a function crew might get.

Reactions: Katorone

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Display blocks could define strings like "turret hold fire", "turret attack".
    A dictionary built into SM could resolve these to parameters for multi-bit logic, using hp-bits for logic while the block is at full hp.

But using display blocks directly could make things more complicated (displayed text needs to be parsed and stored outside the block grid).