Adimo Ship-Builders

Reaction score
    wait isn't the ocelot a elite ship? because the last time I checked it was and that carrier isn't a elite carrier im not saying that's a bad thing its just something different and theres nothing wrong with something different just got me by surprise having a non elite ship using elite ships because that kinda defeats the whole purpose of elite ships just saying but im not complaining as long as it some what fits in with the style of the ship and it does im fine with it.
    While the Standard division and the Elite division manufacture separately, the ships can interweave a bit (this new carrier's load will still be predominantly composed of Standard craft). :)

Reaction score
    While the Standard division and the Elite division manufacture separately, the ships can interweave a bit (this new carrier's load will still be predominantly composed of Standard craft). :)
    thanks for the info and im assuming the elite division will have better/more powerful/better designed ships than the standard because after all they are elite ships not standard ships XP anyways have any idea when the new carrier will be done?

Reaction score
    It's too early to say as of present, to say the least. :rolleyes:
    mind explodes by your sentence making to little since :P anyways keep up the great work im always looking forward to your future builds ;)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    thanks for the info and im assuming the elite division will have better/more powerful/better designed ships than the standard because after all they are elite ships not standard ships XP anyways have any idea when the new carrier will be done?
    Though Elite ships are more expensive and way more utilitarian.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Indeed though that seems awfully hard since Starmades code is hidden

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    You don't know anything about coding languages

1: Starmade is made in java

2: Java is really not compiled, it is interpreted, unlike C, C++ and many other lower level languages

3: Java is easy to "decompile" in order to see the code some one else made (since it is interpreted from byte code).

4: generally there are only two things that stop people from actually reading what is inside a .JAR:

I: External programs
    II: Obfuscation

5: Minecraft used obfuscation in order to make it difficult to tell what went were, but there are mods for minecraft right? So how did they do it?

I: Minecraft was obfuscated in the first place because Notch used another persons code and license to handle audio, he couldn't just keep it readable because that would imply legal negligence on the intellectual property rights of the license holder, so he simply obfuscated it.
    II: Quickly after minecraft was available to the public modders used a "de-obfuscation" program to allow modders to see how the code went together and allow modders to call on that code correctly in to make mods.

Star-made is no different, but that doesn't mean it will be super easy to actually make a mod like how dark_J described, that all depends on how good a coder Schema is, the better he is the easier it will be to make a mod (does he comment? does he make code easy to understand for those who are not literally in his head?) and how good dark_j is at making mods. From what I can tell schema is probably a good coder.

Reaction score
    true but I could make a mod core or whatever you want to call it and that would allow me to add anything I like to starmade as long as the mod core and game is capable of doing it. but I will have to understand the code of starmade first but that shouldn't be that hard java is not to bad to understand it is a more complex coding language but once you know how to use it its pretty easy :).

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    true but I could make a mod core or whatever you want to call it and that would allow me to add anything I like to starmade as long as the mod core and game is capable of doing it. but I will have to understand the code of starmade first but that shouldn't be that hard java is not to bad to understand it is a more complex coding language but once you know how to use it its pretty easy :).
    What languages can you code?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Shutup Plazmatic. You don't know anything about me and you sure as crap shouldn't act like an arse

Reactions: dark_J
    Reaction score
    Right, so here's a little update on how things are coming along!

No further pics of the carrier yet, but I'll be hoping to release so small side-projects soon!

I'm also going to reorganise the front page, and start to add [spoilers] to makes things neater.

Haven't figured how to post on the main Starmade.org yet, so I'll just post this here:
    I do have some legitimate concerns about Radar-Jamming being so easy to achieve:

1a) With the nav, a defending side could at least get a few seconds of advance warning. Now the attacking side can just come in guns blazing without anybody knowing a thing. Titan-Class firepower if the power-config is done right too.

1b) Defence Turrets won't be able to give a defending team a chance at repelling intruders into their territorial perimeter due to the fact they need something to shoot at (although I'm not sure at what distance can a turret can 'see' an enemy ship).

2. Tracking Missiles in the new system won't have anything to track. Dumb-fire ones will only work (even if they're rapid fire) if the target is absolutely huge or stationary.

Looking at the other comments on the thread, radar-jamming still consumes too much power for the situations presented above to happen (I only use the Stable Versions), but I thought I should just put this out there just in case. :)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Right, so here's a little update on how things are coming along!

No further pics of the carrier yet, but I'll be hoping to release so small side-projects soon!

I'm also going to reorganise the front page, and start to add [spoilers] to makes things neater.

Haven't figured how to post on the main Starmade.org yet, so I'll just post this here:
    I do have some legitimate concerns about Radar-Jamming being so easy to achieve:

1a) With the nav, a defending side could at least get a few seconds of advance warning. Now the attacking side can just come in guns blazing without anybody knowing a thing. Titan-Class firepower if the power-config is done right too.

1b) Defence Turrets won't be able to give a defending team a chance at repelling intruders into their territorial perimeter due to the fact they need something to shoot at (although I'm not sure at what distance can a turret can 'see' an enemy ship).

2. Tracking Missiles in the new system won't have anything to track. Dumb-fire ones will only work (even if they're rapid fire) if the target is absolutely huge or stationary.

Looking at the other comments on the thread, radar-jamming still consumes too much power for the situations presented above to happen (I only use the Stable Versions), but I thought I should just put this out there just in case. :)
    I completely agree with you on the radar jammers. I'd suggest to insted put the ship's HUD marker on the center of the ship instead of core. Also, it's been a while since I last time built a regular Adimo ship, so if you haven't build it yet, I'd like to update the bumblebee.