Addition to warp drive

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Look Incap I know ace better then you do and I can assure you he is anything but how you just described him. But you can't just expect people to be cool with you calling their ideas stupid right off the bat, there are those like you who take words with a grain of salt but you gotta think about those who do, cuz if you don't then don't expect anything less than a mean comment in return.
    I didn't call it stupid right off the bat though, I called it circumstantial and unnecessary. But look, him blocking me doesn't say much about his character. Sorry, but it only comes across as childish and sheltered.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    because Incap occupies every third post

posting just "Quote] NO" is spam

EDIT. now ignore you too :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Too complicated. Too stupid.
    From what I can see that is your first post and you did call him stupid, but I don't wanna discuss further in fear that certain mods might mistaken this for flaming and give the 1 warning point which would likely result in me being perma banned

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    From what I can see that is your first post and you did call him stupid, but I don't wanna discuss further in fear that certain mods might mistaken this for flaming and give the 1 warning point which would likely result in me being perma banned
    Oh, I did. Well, sorry about that.

Edit: I called the idea stupid, not him, but still. Apology stands.[DOUBLEPOST=1410285393,1410285238][/DOUBLEPOST]
    because Incap occupies every third post

posting just "Quote] NO" is spam

EDIT. now ignore you too :p
    "LALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

The last (and sometimes the first) resort of the sheltered and immature children of of the current generation. My generation had the bollocks to debate.

Reactions: TwoNiner

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm going to have to side with @Incap in this thread. @aceface is acting like a child because someone disagreed with his idea.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm going to have to side with @Incap in this thread. @aceface is acting like a child because someone disagreed with his idea.
    If that's true, both are. They should settle it per PM or in off-topic.

How about: give each sector a gravimetric warp interruption value.
    If you travel through this sector, you lose jump range.
    The further this sector is from either your start or destination, the less it matters (up to current + 4 systems), thus does not interrupt warp gates that much if they are in void systems, but more if they are on a planet or near a star.​

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If that's true, both are. They should settle it per PM or in off-topic.

The further this sector is from either your start or destination, the less it matters (up to current + 4 systems), thus does not interrupt warp gates that much if they are in void systems, but more if they are on a planet or near a star.​
    I'd love to see that happen in eventual black hole systems (a black hole instead of a sun).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Not sold on the name but it sounds like a good idea as long as the value is
    1. Related to the structure of the universe (like you said near a star you get a larger value while void systems are or near 0)
    2. Will change if, for example one blows up a planet. Then the value should decrease.

The reason why I dislike the name is because it could be related to more than just gravity, weak indirection fields and space hazards (nebula once gain) could also disrupt FTL giving a tactical edge. A ship could escape though a nebula and jump, now even if the pursuer jumps as well they would be a good distance behind. Or a faction could build their home base deep in a system meaning any staging posts to attack have to be near the system thus vulnerable to being spotted.

Otherwise pretty nice.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not sold on the name but it sounds like a good idea as long as the value is
    I am not settled on the name gravimetric was just the first thing floating into my mind :)

I would like the sun sectors (7,7,7 to 9,9,9) to actually be either "noenter" sectors or
    1. @1:00 minute (config) : let your shield go down completely in 1 minute
    2. @1:30 seconds (config) : heats your ship up then kill all players inside
    3. @4:00 overheat the core.
    That could make the sun a strategic point, and we can already do that with noenter sectors (at least manually around "blue" stars)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like the sun sectors (7,7,7 to 9,9,9) to actually be either "noenter" sectors or
    1. @1:00 minute (config) : let your shield go down completely in 1 minute
    2. @1:30 seconds (config) : heats your ship up then kill all players inside
    3. @4:00 overheat the core.
    That could make the sun a strategic point, and we can already do that with noenter sectors (at least manually around "blue" stars)
    I prefer your second idea of the minute countdowns to destroy shields and start overheating the ship. In addition to HP, I would like to see a Core Temperature value for the overall structure (maybe called something other than Core Temperature), similar to the original Elite game, with an associated GUI element to show your current temp, so you can see where the temp gauge currently sits, and see how close you are to losing shields.

In Elite, monitoring temperature was critical when mining the local star for fuel. It doesn't really matter why you might need to monitor your temperature in StarMade. An "Elite" mod that converts the game into a version of Elite would obviously use it. New gameplay mechanics will fill in the spaces after this mechanic is introduced. The community will be able to find all kinds of uses for temperature variation (shield effectiveness drops, weapons have a chance to fail to fire completely, killing invasive aliens on-board, etc.)