Read by Schine Adding tactical options in battles

Reaction score
    Hi! Strikyer is back!

Today I have a BRIGHT IDEA :
    Adding Tactical options for Battles!
    many people will say "what? but why?"
    Well you see, fighting against enormous Ships can be boring, sometimes you will not even have the size!
    ...And power of the cannon enemi reduce you to shreds in months of time it takes to read this post!
    My idea is to put the two ships in the third person press on
    the same button to switch to battle mode/build mode.

both ships will then against each other in the same space, but in third person on a combat plate connecting the two.
    [others] but it is useless! it's useless!

False! that's where it comes interresant side of the thing:
    self-guided missiles will be controllable your arms, and I mean by controllable or they will go! yes pourez choose which place the missiles will crush and where your lasers and cannons will shoot!
    Increasingly, your radar indicating the position of the planets will be almost essential for your survival in this mode, because the more metterez you SD Cockpits, the better your radar will be brought to detect fusing missiles at you and the ability to know where your enemy aims with its cannons!

And finally, to finish in tactical mode, your shields will have a second option, the absolute shield: a mode that reduces by 80% your shields to create an absolute shield controllable from another interface similar to that of radar but with your ship illustrated above the absolute shield is a small radius and proportional to the capacity of the shield you pourrer move this interface to protect a certain part of your ship.
    What is the absolute shield? it's a shield that can undo any attack as they pulled.
    But this option is a double-edged sword:
    When the absolute shield stops an attack, it greatly affects the energy of your ship, a proportionality value of 2.5x
    For example: you get to stop a missile that would cause damage to your ship 200000:
    dmg stoped: 200000
    lost energy: 500000

l.e = 2.5x dmg stoped

This is how I end this post, thank you for reading this post and I hope It will gave you ideas for the future!
    Strikyer.

Ps: sorry if the post is bad-writted, i'm French.
    -later it may have some improvements and pictures.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Watching titans fight from 3rd person is great.
    They are such a big target that you don't need to even try evading stuff.

––EDIT: text below got obsolete, look at my next posts––
    But I don't see why you want that absolute shield other than to be either invincible or poorer than without.
    Maybe it's a shield you enable from time to time when your normal shields are down already - and you have plenty of energy?

The self-guidance being player controlled doesn't work for all stuff at once, except you slow the flow of time or allow a player to be in everything that fires at a moment at the same time.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    But I don't see why you want that absolute shield other than to be either invincible or poorer than without.
    Maybe it's a shield you enable from time to time when your normal shields are down already - and you have plenty of energy?
    It sounds like transferring power to boost the shields in one particular area, while reducing the effectiveness elsewhere and adding a significant power drain.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    a mode that reduces by 80% your shields to create an absolute shield
    Why exactly 80%? If it ever makes it ingame, we want more granularity.

a small radius and proportional to the capacity of the shield you pourrer move this interface to protect a certain part of your ship.
    More sacrificed [ratio = charge/capacity] => bigger radius of protection.

If you half shield-area (half height, half width), it could be [1.8x as strong] while protecting [1/2 area with only 20% strength]. [Total strength = (1.8 + 0.2) /2 areas] remains 1x, 1x is the same.

I am not sure yet how to balance "diminishing returns", "area" and "strength" of this effect.

but with your ship illustrated above the absolute shield is a small radius
    Translates to "the shield is behind the ship" or "the ship is seen before the shield is seen (you are looking top→down)".

If you use auto-translate, it helps to make short sentences. https://starmadedock.net/threads/exploring-rules-of-english.22641/
    Use more separations (commas, dots).
    Or reduce grouping ambiguous-ness of "text modules" with quote-letters/symbols.

You can also provide multiple "words/(letter-groups:))". Especially if you are unsure which to take. That takes guessing work away (which can produce errors).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    or for the missles make them Lazer guided, so you can point ur crosshairs and the missles will follow of course you cant shoot any other weapons but if u had 2 people flying u can shoot more

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    or for the missles make them Lazer guided, so you can point ur crosshairs and the missles will follow of course you cant shoot any other weapons but if u had 2 people flying u can shoot more
    That would boost big factions where everybody is online at the same time (more effective large assets).

I like the idea of "freezing the target-view" for easy placement of markers sticking to the enemy entities's block's relative 3D coordinates.
    • 1000 damage here (want a missile)
    • 10'000 there (want my cannons)
    • 100 damage here (use my beams, important!!!)
    And then the AI tries to aim at and deliver that much damage. Trying to get the spots easiest to hit first.
    Then you zoom out again (to normal view) and the game renders the game normally again. Until you again want to stick markers on your target.​
    1. Zoom in would jump to a position from where you can just see the whole ship. (jumping to target)
    2. Zooming further in would show a half ship (zooming toward cross-hair).
    3. Zooming further in would show a quarter (logarithmic) and then 4. 1/8… to make sizes more uniform.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    or when ever you are "marking" the ship, you cant really do anything like the game time actually slows down all across the game server, so if someone is doing this and someone else does it at the same time, it would stay the same speed

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    or when ever you are "marking" the ship, you cant really do anything like the game time actually slows down all across the game server, so if someone is doing this and someone else does it at the same time, it would stay the same speed
    :eek:

Are you asking to slow down all the other not fighting players 1000 sectors away?
    Or do you want to have a time-slow / time-speedup twist the space-time-continuum?

Time-twists are not that hard to implement, you just have to speed-up time-flow for sectors that experienced time-slow until everything is even again.
    Imagine time-slow or reverse-time-slow sticking to entities for some time :D 4D-environment