Brainstorm This Adding some excitement to combat - Small Ships - DOT Weapons - Hacking and more!

Reaction score
    so would it be only that one spot that is weekend? If so, I think if that spot stops getting hit, the shield integrity of that should regenerate over time.
    My idea was:
    I only like the chargeup effect for lasers, make that the effect for all of them. If you shoot in one spot determined by the ship's size (if less than 100 volume, 1 block, <500 2 by 2,<1000 3by 3, <2000 4by4, ect.)with every shot fired and within x* seconds of the last hit you would deal more and more damage and eventually (after a certain amount of concentrated fire) deal a very slight(.1-1%) shield penitration.
    Certain weapons have to be faster or slower, depending on their reload time. Beams would stack as they did damage, and would only be able to stack on multible charges with cannon and regular fire(beam-pulse would deal more and more damage if it hit the same spot in one fire, but the multiplier would reset after each recharge.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    DOT should be a effect. I think DOT should not allow smaller ships to destroy a titan by pounding on it for 30 minutes. if a fleet of smaller ships can't seem to take out the shields of a titan by itself, then it should never be able to. DOT should allow a fleet of fighters that can make a dent in a titan's shields do it faster. It's like taking on a tank with pistols. It's not going to work. You should not be able to nerf the tanks. you should make it so the pistols have to use skill and strategy to get into the tank and destroy the tank.
    I agree that a small ship should not be able to bring down a titan by pounding on it for 30 minutes, but this concept wouldn't allow for that either, because it wouldn't stack indefinitely. The ship would still need to have powerful enough weapons to overcome the shield recharge, even with the bonus damage. This idea is simply a way to reward a pilot's skill in aiming their weapons, giving a damage bonus as a reward for skill. It also still keeps the option of boarding open.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460576121,1460576065][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's like hitting the same spot again and again constantly, slowly weakening the armor. Eventually you'll get through. It's the idea of creating a weak spot in the shield.
    Exactly