Actual roleplay servers?

Reaction score
    So, I'm wondering if anybody knows if any populated roleplay servers exist, with actual roleplay rather than just a multitude of factions, as it seems from a glance that the big servers aren't exactly built with that in mind.

Anyone have any ideas of servers that would fit these criteria? Preferably without things like "Vote for us for free credits!" or stuff like that because that's just irritating.

Thanks for reading.

C4N

Reaction score
    Hello, I'm planning to make a multiverse roleplay server, but that "planning" will take me a lot of time, the idea is for launch it on June.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I don't know that you would call the server I play on "roleplay," but the players certainly aren't adverse to it. They build with roleplay in mind - ships and stations have rooms with various functions and the like. I don't know that anyone is running around speaking and acting in roleplay mode.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Our server is one option. We're dedicated rp, and no server message spam for votes or donations. (Not that I couldn't use the money but I just don't like asking. If people want to vote or donate that's their choice and I want it made because we're worth it, not because of rewards or for the asking.)

I know there are some other servers that do light to heavy role play. Some in certain lore sets like trek or wars. Others with their own detailed lores and history. I have been especially surprised (happily) recently at some new servers with rp in mind and a lot of work on their independent lore.

Reactions: Bobson
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you're into 40k, most of our players enjoy a good RP. Although because of the chat in Starmade right now, server-wide RP isn't really possible/practical because all messages you send get sent to the public.

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    TC: Nova Ascendance is a 100% RP server, there is very little OCC stuff going on and even our forums are very RP active. The server is set up for people who really want to build/use RP quality ships.

You can read about the server here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/tectum-clementia-nova-ascendence-role-play.4796/#post-75402

We're currently trying to re-build our player population, which had been doing very well before the holidays. We had several people go inactive, including a couple of admins, due to real like issues, so we are trying to recover from that. We've tried to set up a server that allows for Role Play to naturally occur with out admins having to constantly be involved. We have very tough and dangerous pirates, a huge variety of stations to find and explore and a crafting system that is set up to encourage different economy roles and co-operation.

We run a very custom and unique config on the server, it certainly is not to everyone's liking, but it brings a lot of balance to the game. If you want to check out the config and see if you like it we have a public test server set up.

You can find info for that here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/capital-ships-mod-and-test-server.5161/

Reactions: Lidren