Activate cloak cooldown when torpedos undock

Reaction score
    All non-homebase stations are currently vulnerable to "cloaker pokers" (as I've just seen them called): cloaked ships carrying warhead torpedos.

They both ignore shields and never uncloak, meaning they can act with impunity.

Cloak cooldowns are currently activated when weapons fire, to give their targets a chance to fight back. Undocking a torpedo should do the same thing: activate cloak cooldown, so that stations can shoot back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah my understanding is its just a cloaking ship with warheads on it that they just ram into things. The trick was to have the warheads spaced not near anything critical on your cloaker. Not need to undock and launch them just run in and ram the station. If you spread the warheads out you just lose a layer of them per ram attempt....

Maybe have it so if a warhead detonates while on your ship you decloak.... So a warhead detonating is like firing a weapon.... Not sure how to deal with torpedoes except as you said that undocking something from you decloaks you.

Reaction score
    Ah my understanding is its just a cloaking ship with warheads on it that they just ram into things. The trick was to have the warheads spaced not near anything critical on your cloaker. Not need to undock and launch them just run in and ram the station. If you spread the warheads out you just lose a layer of them per ram attempt....

Maybe have it so if a warhead detonates while on your ship you decloak.... So a warhead detonating is like firing a weapon.... Not sure how to deal with torpedoes except as you said that undocking something from you decloaks you.
    I see, yes decloaking due to a warhead explosion on the ship would also be necessary.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My commando cloakers fire torps while cloaked,if you removed this advantage they would be useless for station boarding (my favorite attack method little to no damage to station)

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It'd be cool if anything leaving a cloaked ship caused a very short decloaking of the area it left. Kind of like the Klingon ship from "Final Frontier"

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Cloaking and stealth need an overhaul before any major changes. Later on I'll try to find the thread schine liked.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cloaking and stealth need an overhaul before any major changes. Later on I'll try to find the thread schine liked.
    Agreed.

Right now stealth in general needs a complete overhaul. I'd personally rather they not spend time putting bandaids on it and instead just toss it and start over again from scratch.

I'd be fine if they simply deactivated the cloaker mechanics entirely until they got it fixed.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Well, they just finished the big NPC deal, and there will be some fine tuning of it this month I'm sure, they said the next priority is going to some rounds of gameplay and balance improvements. It may be time to drag some of the old stealth suggestions and brainstorms back up...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Agreed.

Right now stealth in general needs a complete overhaul. I'd personally rather they not spend time putting bandaids on it and instead just toss it and start over again from scratch.

I'd be fine if they simply deactivated the cloaker mechanics entirely until they got it fixed.
    If they deactivate cloaking there goes my favorite technique to take down stations commando style!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If they deactivate cloaking there goes my favorite technique to take down stations commando style!
    Heh, sounds like people on your server don't build their stations correctly then.

Pro-Tip: While you can't put a scanner on the station, you can dock a core with a scanner on it to your station.
    Dock the core to where you can access it in your station, build the scanner antenna array inside the station for protection, and you're good to go. Somebody is hitting your station from cloak, hop in the docked scanner and uncloak 'em.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ^^ just pirates so far but soon to be npc takeovers,already stealing....um I mean borrowing there ships he he he.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    i sorta agree i recently built a ship that can fire a nuke CLOAKED!!!! and so then how do you deal with that because the ship has a large battery and so it fires it and the power goes down but no power failure to decloak the ship

Reaction score
    i sorta agree i recently built a ship that can fire a nuke CLOAKED!!!! and so then how do you deal with that because the ship has a large battery and so it fires it and the power goes down but no power failure to decloak the ship
    Well that's something, but the problem with warhead torpedoes is that they ignore shields, and they don't require power to fire. So a cloaked ship can sit and pound a stations structure through its shields, and if there's no-one there to scan it the station won't do anything about it.
    There's some discussion of mitigating techniques here.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    Well that's something, but the problem with warhead torpedoes is that they ignore shields, and they don't require power to fire. So a cloaked ship can sit and pound a stations structure through its shields, and if there's no-one there to scan it the station won't do anything about it.
    There's some discussion of mitigating techniques here.
    the problem with "cloaked pokers" is they do minimal damage with torpedoes warheads do only tiny amounts of damage and barely poke through the exterior it is more efficient to just bring a battleship if you want to destroy a station what warheads are good for is boarding crafts which blow through hull and then the crew exits and starts boarding

Reaction score
    Lol, also warhead torpedoes don't declare war, so you will never even get caught.

Yes, warheads are 95% broken right now. They do a good job at blowing stuff up though. :LOL:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Any damage should un cloak you
    This used to be how it was. Any damage to your ship once shields were down would immediately decloak and unjam you. I have no idea why this was removed, but it should really be readded.