About the Proposed "Fix" to the Power System...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    wizerdwolf Buddy i want to know the part about how you build the energy power systems, not all the stuff you putted, but aparently you pass trough the current rules of building to make the stuff you want.[I am correct?]

I can bet that when the "heat" power system arrives you still building on the way you want whitout trying to use properly that new system again.
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question! No, I actually try to follow the rules for building power systems. When I have the space, I will have a line going out on each 3 axis like this: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....886/E34EFF1DA6C76744C459669D0AC50E2654053389/
    And I'll stake more on the inside, without the faces of the next set of axis touching any of the faces of the previous set of axis.
    If I'm more restricted on space, I'll still try to have multiple axis like this, but instead of being stacked inside of each other, I'll be more creative with my arrangement. I do try to maximize my power output in what limited space and shape I have.
    [doublepost=1491422428,1491422303][/doublepost]
    I have a list of fallacy types on my wall. I do not see where my statements fit. On the contrary, you did not mention which scale was required for measurement. Only that fun could not be measured, as quoted below. I clearly proved you wrong with multiple real-world examples.

Also to the contrary, since a new power system has not been clearly defined and scheduled, you do not "know" that your ship's internals will be useless in the future. I realize that you are not alone, so I post this for not only your benefit, but everyone with your mindset.
    Additionally, I'd like to point out that many people, SINCE THIS IS IN ALPHA, will build and save shells of their ships before filling the systems so that they will be future proof. I haven't done that in the past, but that's what I'm planning on doing with my current ship, especially in the face of a potential revamp of the power system.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They could just count blocks and compare them to a new/current reactor of similar size with a similar heat-box and everything works.

Give old' power 50% efficiency, 200% production cost and it's a solved issue.
    [doublepost=1491430974,1491430734][/doublepost]
    Use this every time someone says something negative about Schemas programming skills

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Sad.png Updated my post. Wow. I really DO become a whole different person without sleep or soda...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    wizerdwolf yeah that you describe are the "basics" about the current power system, when you reach the power cap stills doing lines? and nearly more important: which ship size usually use?
    I haven't worked on anything particularly large in quite a while XD I haven't hit power cap yet. My current ship is just over 200m?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Removing it would put current players in an awkward position: Should we continue to build using today's power system and risk having our creations rendered obsolete the moment the update comes out, or should we just wait until the update and find another means of entertainment until the new system is released?
    1. They've already made clear that the change they're looking at is a "We're just starting to think about this" kind of thing. It has no real coding behind it yet, and it isn't even on the developmental roadmap yet. It is at LEAST a year away, if not more.
    2. If/when it happens, there will surely be a crossover period just like there was for when Cargo was introduced to make it easier to switch over, it won't be all or nothing overnight that renders everything useless in an instant.
    3. If you want to do something else until more finalized systems are done, then you need to just stop playing the game entirely until it enters beta, and probably not even then. You'll likely need to leave the game entirely until it officially launches as a finished product.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Also as for the old docking system they are in the middle of phasing it out so at some point it won't be there, they just haven't gotten around to replacing the old docking stuff on those stations yet. My guess is once they do that is when it will be totally removed. As for how to deal with the older ships and stations still around breaking my guess would be to auto replace the docking points with the correct docking on first loadup.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also as for the old docking system they are in the middle of phasing it out so at some point it won't be there, they just haven't gotten around to replacing the old docking stuff on those stations yet. My guess is once they do that is when it will be totally removed. As for how to deal with the older ships and stations still around breaking my guess would be to auto replace the docking points with the correct docking on first loadup.
    Eh, all that old stuff is going to have to be manually retrofit. Just changing out the dockers won't fix the turrets on them, which have changed drastically in how they are built.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait, as in pre-rail update? XD didn't know stuff was still floating around. (possibly because I haven't played on any servers)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wait, as in pre-rail update? XD didn't know stuff was still floating around. (possibly because I haven't played on any servers)
    All of the abandoned/derelict stations that have turrets still use them.

When we switched to rails, Schine didn't remove the old docking stuff, it simply removed them from shops/manufacturing recipes/creative mode so that they couldn't be used going forwards.

I'd say its highly likely that the same thing would happen with the current power generator blocks. The old ones would probably keep working as they do now, you just wouldn't be able to get them anymore so you'd have no choice but to use the new system.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Keep in mind core drilling a powersource only works if you know where it is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The backlash against Schine's power overhaul suggestion was many orders of magnitude greater than any backlash you may get on this thread, matey. They can't implement it and still have a game or community left. Don't worry... it's not happening.

Reaction score
    Shine will and can change the power system if they fell that is the right thing for there game, but don't take my word for it here is a quote from the news section

Release Candidate
    After drawing writing up countless pages of concepts and design documents, as well as daily discussions we are very close to announcing our new power proposal. We agree with a lot of the constructive criticisms the last one got and we started fresh in a very systematic and analytic way. We are currently writing up the final document meant for public release. Stay tuned for that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Translation: they're trying to retain some dignity and working out how to rebalance it instead of having a 2nd overhaul go down in flames.

Reaction score
    Translatetion: they are once more trying to be open and friendly with the community, hoping that the community will not throw another temper tantrum and behave mature(lol good luck).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Most people are pretty rational an open to communication and debate... Until they are made to feel powerless because the other party is not listening or cooperating. Such is the story of violence and revolts throughout history.