A very cool reason to explore

Do you all of this to be added to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
    • Some of it (please clarify)

Votes: 2 20.0%
    • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    IDEA:
    Since the dawn of this game, I'd assume people wanted something to do other then build and fight.
    Here is a group of ideas for more adventure and epic!

Part one

So. There should be nebula systems and dust nebula systems. These systems exist in such a way that galaxies, should look amazing from beyond (makes them look like actual galaxies). You should be able to collect gas (with a ramscoop and tank) from these systems to use for some sort of advanced crafting or a fuel for better something or something like that (dust nebula would increase the gas collection rate). Rarely a thing called "protostar" would be in a dust nebula system. These would deal damage to any ship in its sector (you would be able to see these in map). Ill get back to protostars later. Also increase galaxy size.

Part two

Another reason to explore would be to get ultra rare artifacts. In each galaxy there should be 2 precursor derelict ships. These ships are invincible, and have powerful turret defense but you can board them. They should be a challenge to traverse but you should be able to find, in the heart of the ships, blocks for an mighty multi block reactor and super advanced Armour shielding that room, and common loot in cargo blocks around these mighty ships. These ships are precursor service ships though. There should be another one, only one in each galaxy which would be "precursor battleship/dreadnaught etc etc etc" Ill get back to these later.

Part three

The tide of galactic warfare never changes. Now it will with these additions that I am suggesting. Using the central containment block of the precursor reactors and a scoop found on the top of the reactors you should be able to collect a protostar inside this block, then pick it back up afterwards. You should be able to craft a ultra expensive booster for the device. It would be heavy so you would need quite a but of thrusters for the weight of the booster and the star itself. Fire this "superbomb" at the desired target.
    A brilliant glow, visible from any distance, anywhere will glow for 10 minutes. Each booster adds 3 sectors to the blast radius. The bomb would delete everything in a 5 sector radius. Planets, ships, etc. If used near a star, the star should have an increased damage radius (by 1 or 2 sectors) signifying it is a unstable star.
    But why would you use such a terror weapon? You will see.

Part four

Remember how I said "Precursor battleship"? Here is why. A precursor battleship should be... reparable. Found drifting in space, these mighty ships should have extreme shielding, shields that could withstand a fleet of titans, armour that could withstand planet destroyers. But of course it would need to be utterly insanely ultra hard to fix. You need 4 sets of reactors (you need to explore other galaxies maybe), each needing a protostar. These ships will need to be disabled (or they kill you on approach) with huge firepower. This would give an incentive for a massive strategic point, same as the other precursor ships.
    Epic tales of galactic war would be spawned because of these mighty legends. And your triumph of repairing such a ship... would be remembered as long as the stars shine in the night sky.

The reactor could go on a normal large ship, and buff firepower and shields greatly, and would save space for other things!

Conclusion:
    This would be epic and add a amazing sense of adventure! A mindboggling morale choice: Use a superbomb for your own greed and usage... or save the galaxy by ending a precursor battleship that has been annihilating innocent people, powerful factions... great wars fought for control of these ships, these bombs. And galaxies would look prettier from far away with the nebula. Gas used in crafting would be amazing! And the usage,the glow, the idea of a superbomb would be a terrifying, yet humbling experience, for all to witness. War would be of greater usage. Great. Intergalactic. War.

This would be amazing for all to see.

What the bomb explosion could look like:

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Nebulas are already planned, or so I heard. I love the idea of derelict superships to control, gives reason to fight over a system.

Reaction score
    nice idea, i like the ram scoop and super weapon but not the reactor and battleship idea

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like your thinking!
    You could build a custom server with much of this. I've seen it done before.
    Would be good fun. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    A number of unique alien artifacts could be strewn across the galaxy. These single blocks could have a number of properties such as a power generation modifier that doubles the output of power reactors for example. Numerous artifacts could be deployed that affect shield strength, recharge times, jump distance, scan range, mining bonus, etc.

Artifacts would have individual hp equivalent to a planet but would only affect the ship or station as much as a faction block. If it sustains sufficient damage to destroy it the artifact can either be removed from the galaxy, lost forever or simply respawn in another random location to be found again. Certain blocks would spawn on planets, asteroids or derelict stations. Some would simply spawn in space.

This might give a reason to explore. If found, they could be used by the finder or hidden in a secret base.

A "galactic news" could mention the finding of artifacts or even give clues as to the whereabouts of "missing" artifacts.

Reactions: Ultragamer2000

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    A number of unique alien artifacts could be strewn across the galaxy. These single blocks could have a number of properties such as a power generation modifier that doubles the output of power reactors for example. Numerous artifacts could be deployed that affect shield strength, recharge times, jump distance, scan range, mining bonus, etc.

Artifacts would have individual hp equivalent to a planet but would only affect the ship or station as much as a faction block. If it sustains sufficient damage to destroy it the artifact can either be removed from the galaxy, lost forever or simply respawn in another random location to be found again. Certain blocks would spawn on planets, asteroids or derelict stations. Some would simply spawn in space.

This might give a reason to explore. If found, they could be used by the finder or hidden in a secret base.

A "galactic news" could mention the finding of artifacts or even give clues as to the whereabouts of "missing" artifacts.
    Hmm that and my idea would be amazing

Reaction score
    Nebula's have been in the game for as far as I know. Maybe you have just been spending your life to far away from a star... I do like the idea of collecting star dust, but I am not sure if it will be easy to implent in the game.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nebula's have been in the game for as far as I know. Maybe you have just been spending your life to far away from a star... I do like the idea of collecting star dust, but I am not sure if it will be easy to implent in the game.
    That's just a background. It doesn't do anything. As for the idea, there are aspects I like, and ones I don't. For instance, the whole harvesting protostars thing just makes my science gland itch. Essentially, what that would be is a huge thermonuclear warhead. Making one of those doesn't require a protostar, you just need a vast amount of fusionables. Vast as in, the size of a gas giant or larger, if you want a detonation comparable to a star. But, let's put that logic hole aside, since this is just a game. While I expect you might be imagining this being used for a weaker faction to fight a larger one, hence "change the tide of galactic warfare", it seems much more likely that this will instead be used by big, well established factions as a terror weapon, or for randomly deleting someones homebase, and probably crashing the server in the process.

For this same reason, I would suggest toning down the ancient battleship. Something like that should convey a large advantage, certainly, but not allow it's owner to dominate the whole server indefinitely. Once again, a larger, more powerful faction would be much more likely to posses one of these, and as a result, making them too powerful could make a single large, warring faction unstoppable.

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    That's just a background. It doesn't do anything. As for the idea, there are aspects I like, and ones I don't. For instance, the whole harvesting protostars thing just makes my science gland itch. Essentially, what that would be is a huge thermonuclear warhead. Making one of those doesn't require a protostar, you just need a vast amount of fusionables. Vast as in, the size of a gas giant or larger, if you want a detonation comparable to a star. But, let's put that logic hole aside, since this is just a game. While I expect you might be imagining this being used for a weaker faction to fight a larger one, hence "change the tide of galactic warfare", it seems much more likely that this will instead be used by big, well established factions as a terror weapon, or for randomly deleting someones homebase, and probably crashing the server in the process.

For this same reason, I would suggest toning down the ancient battleship. Something like that should convey a large advantage, certainly, but not allow it's owner to dominate the whole server indefinitely. Once again, a larger, more powerful faction would be much more likely to posses one of these, and as a result, making them too powerful could make a single large, warring faction unstoppable.
    Yes you could just use a H-3/Dt Fusion bomb, but where is the challenge in that?
    The thing is, the way you would find these artifacts wouldn't need alot of resouces (besides the battleship which will erase quite a number of ships before disabling) say two people are in a mini fac, one explores for the materials, one builds up the faction. The bombs should be aqquired by all skill levels and everything should be able to be found, even the boosters
    [doublepost=1479496353,1479496086][/doublepost]
    Those are backgrounds. I meant nebula and dust lane systems to make galaxies prititer from far away (and you know the other stuff i mentioned

Reaction score
    I'm sorry, but this suggestion is pretty bad. You can't give naturally-powerful objects like this in limited fashion to the galaxy, or the older, stronger factions with more of these will always win. Also, no idiotic server-destroying bombs-of-death, please.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Now I'd like to see four unrelated ideas that don't break the MP game balance. :whistle: