• Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You just need a bigger slot for the leg:
    this one doesn't work:
    upload_2015-8-28_23-14-24.png
    haven't tested this one:
    upload_2015-8-28_23-15-11.png
    but just 1 not already, I've been trying to make that turn system, and i think it might fail for proper use.
    by making this pathern and adding rotation, the space needed for the leg becomes so gigantic that it can't be used for a cool thing.
    if you would make a city, the leg will be as tall as your skyscraper and as big as 4 of your skyscrapers.
    i'll have to do my best on creating a compact yet bigger leg hole. though if this doesn't work, i will scrap the 45 degree angle design.
    and i will make 2 legs, horizontal and vertical, that would still be smaller.

also, shall we continue this research in a conversation?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Here is my first prototype. Very slow but really stable and with a few modifications Ill be able to get a much quicker version. Needs a lot of polishing with all the delays but I am not sure how to do that yet, possibly some complicated flip flop magic...? lol
    http://i.imgur.com/YL7ubcm.gifv

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    awesome!!!
    cookie y u no get logic badge? D:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    cookie y u no get logic badge? D:
    People generally have to be nominated for badges which are not automatically awarded. Self-nomination is totally acceptable; that's how I got my wiki contributor badge.

Just message a counselor, politely requesting that X person be considered for Y badge (possibly with Z evidence, to streamline things, although I imagine the Council would look around anyway), and it should hopefully be taken care of.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Here is my first prototype. Very slow but really stable and with a few modifications Ill be able to get a much quicker version. Needs a lot of polishing with all the delays but I am not sure how to do that yet, possibly some complicated flip flop magic...? lol
    http://i.imgur.com/YL7ubcm.gifv
    woa... I like how the body just bulks forward like some sort of siege ramming tool :D
    good design, I like your concept of pre-hole making. an easy hint for speed: bigger steps :cool:
    sounds like our paths kinda split from here, crawler and walker :P
    I will be making a super compact crawler leg small enough for a tank.

ps: all planets in the shadow of the ice planet!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That is pretty amazing.

Starmade: Haha, sorry, no friction
    You: I'll make my own damn friction!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    woa... I like how the body just bulks forward like some sort of siege ramming tool :D
    good design, I like your concept of pre-hole making. an easy hint for speed: bigger steps :cool:
    sounds like our paths kinda split from here, crawler and walker :p
    I will be making a super compact crawler leg small enough for a tank.

ps: all planets in the shadow of the ice planet!
    Hahah yea bigger steps are definitely necessary!
    Yes my design is so bulky right now :( gonna take a lot of redesign to get it small enough for "practical" uses.
    I am excited though to see how both ours progress though! Thanks for the inspiration.

ps. yaaass ice planets rule lol

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hahah yea bigger steps are definitely necessary!
    Yes my design is so bulky right now :( gonna take a lot of redesign to get it small enough for "practical" uses.
    I am excited though to see how both ours progress though! Thanks for the inspiration.

ps. yaaass ice planets rule lol
    it was a pleasure :D
    in return you must do 1 thing! play a game with me..... guess what happend in this picture :D
    upload_2015-8-29_20-59-3.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Oh dang, looks like I have a lot of caughting up to do cause I see turning/ direction control there and you crossed a spasm!! hahah :eek:

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh dang, looks like I have a lot of caughting up to do cause I see turning/ direction control there and you crossed a spasm!! hahah :eek:
    add another :eek: because you've got another problem, turning a crawler is way easyer as turning a walker :D
    10 points for great guessing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yas points!! lol
    So I have majorly compacted the design (still can do more though) and sped it up (bigger steps and multiple legs moving at the same time)
    http://i.imgur.com/zsxMTQB.gifv
    Yea I have no clue how I will do turning and make it look good...

Do you have a trick as to how you initially get the "spikes" into holes?

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yas points!! lol
    So I have majorly compacted the design (still can do more though) and sped it up (bigger steps and multiple legs moving at the same time)
    http://i.imgur.com/zsxMTQB.gifv
    Yea I have no clue how I will do turning and make it look good...

Do you have a trick as to how you initially get the "spikes" into holes?
    the spike idea failed dramatically putting a tetra onto the leg makes it unstable, if that is what you mean

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    the spike idea failed dramatically putting a tetra onto the leg makes it unstable, if that is what you mean
    No I meant with the blocks that go into the mined holes. I have a hard time getting them into holes initially (before I even turn it on) but I think if I use docking Ill be able to properly align the walker so it will work... lol

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No I meant with the blocks that go into the mined holes. I have a hard time getting them into holes initially (before I even turn it on) but I think if I use docking Ill be able to properly align the walker so it will work... lol
    yup that's how you do it.... kinda curious how you aligned that walker now......
    btw using tetras it a good way to eventually align, but it is really a lot bumpier for what i've seen

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    this one doesn't work:
    View attachment 15310
    haven't tested this one:
    View attachment 15311
    but just 1 not already, I've been trying to make that turn system, and i think it might fail for proper use.
    by making this pathern and adding rotation, the space needed for the leg becomes so gigantic that it can't be used for a cool thing.
    if you would make a city, the leg will be as tall as your skyscraper and as big as 4 of your skyscrapers.
    i'll have to do my best on creating a compact yet bigger leg hole. though if this doesn't work, i will scrap the 45 degree angle design.
    and i will make 2 legs, horizontal and vertical, that would still be smaller.

also, shall we continue this research in a conversation?
    Ok, I will try my own take on a 45degree crawler system. I noticed you already figured out my next suggestion for compacting it. I saw that you got a 90 degree system(either that, or your mech sidesteped), complete with trench-crossing capabilities. The spikes don't work, do I will do my best for creating a better deployment system. Already have some ideas for that. Also, I'd be glad to hold a converstion sometime. We can discuss our findings and figure things out from there.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, I will try my own take on a 45degree crawler system. I noticed you already figured out my next suggestion for compacting it. I saw that you got a 90 degree system(either that, or your mech sidesteped), complete with trench-crossing capabilities. The spikes don't work, do I will do my best for creating a better deployment system. Already have some ideas for that. Also, I'd be glad to hold a converstion sometime. We can discuss our findings and figure things out from there.
    yup I went for a 90 degrees rotation system with minimum space lost, it worked out great, started with a 1 block grip, but this was too weak for rotation, then I went for 2 hole grip, this was enough for the rotation, but once turned it didn't match the pre-hole maker pattern.
    I'm going for 90 degrees because most common cities will have streets parallel to the blocks and as I am making a tank of some sort, I'd like to get it stable for cities. though if you come up with a way, I'd try implanting it right away, the problem is that tanks have to be small, your walker can be as big as an AT-AT, which would actually be awesome to make. also, my research speed will be decreased starting from tomorrow, school is back tuhtuhtuuuuuuuh. I also have a reverse option in it, but i still need to make everything less manual.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Ok, I already have ideas for a system that only takes up five blocks tall of space, without requiring a slot, and still capable of 90degree rotation. If and when I get a chance I will try to develop the first prototype.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, I already have ideas for a system that only takes up five blocks tall of space, without requiring a slot, and still capable of 90degree rotation. If and when I get a chance I will try to develop the first prototype.
    while you keep on developing that prototype, I have an idea for a real car with wheels. If and when I get a chance I will try to develop the first prototype. totally not copy pasted that last part :p

Reactions: Trekkerjoe