A History of Factions

Reaction score
    Hence why we should just do like I suggested above. That way it shows who won, tied, and reached peace

EXAMPLES

Battle of Tardesh 1201 (month and day). AA > EA

War of Gaelet 0115 CR = AA (TIE,DRAW)

Reactions: Winterhome

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Hence why we should just do like I suggested above. That way it shows who won, tied, and reached peace

EXAMPLES

Battle of Tardesh 1201 (month and day). AA > EA

War of Gaelet 0115 CR = AA (TIE,DRAW)
    I suggest that we mention retreats, numbers of what mass ships, and degree of damage on both sides if any party can remember it.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I agree with Blackhawk. It's better to just place the battles on timeline, and just mention the outcome (who won, or was it a tie).
    Detail per detail, there will be an ethernal conflict of what exactly happen, because people might try to change facts to " appear better ".

Hence why FD and Zoro were all fighting over there.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I agree with Blackhawk. It's better to just place the battles on timeline, and just mention the outcome (who won, or was it a tie).
    Detail per detail, there will be an ethernal conflict of what exactly happen, because people might try to change facts to " appear better ".

Hence why FD and Zoro were all fighting over there.

Solid details such as comparative fleet masses, losses, and retreats are needed to provide a view of the battle that's not contested by the less well off faction.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Got it, kind of hard to fix it however when people keep messing it up. I think ill make my own without him.
    Zoro, you're the one adding things such as "-DFN destroyed." If you can't work collaboratively without putting blatant lies in, don't bother.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    that wasn't a lie
    Considering how the DFN continued to exist, and then eventually was reformed into NFD... no. That is definitely false, Ace.

Speaking of false things, you were also putting some incorrect things in place, which is surprising, considering how you had video footage of the event, yet continued to say it.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Considering how the DFN continued to exist, and then eventually was reformed into NFD... no. That is definitely false, Ace.

Speaking of false things, you were also putting some incorrect things in place, which is surprising, considering how you had video footage of the event, yet continued to say it.
    on the nass era.

what things are you talking about. i will correct myself. i'm only human.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    on the nass era.

what things are you talking about. i will correct myself. i'm only human.
    DFN wasn't destroyed, DFN continued to exist. You can't just say things like "X destroyed" when they continue to exist. Now, if their assets were destroyed, you could put "X's assets destroyed." But unless a faction ceases to exist, "X destroyed" isn't a valid entry.

I was referring to the supposed multiple Rockhoppers, despite there only being one.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    DFN wasn't destroyed, DFN continued to exist. You can't just say things like "X destroyed" when they continue to exist. Now, if their assets were destroyed, you could put "X's assets destroyed." But unless a faction ceases to exist, "X destroyed" isn't a valid entry.

I was referring to the supposed multiple Rockhoppers, despite there only being one.
    they were eradicated from the server

multiple as in multiple fleeings

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    they were eradicated from the server

multiple as in multiple fleeings
    Alright, you should have specified that. Because, the way you and Zoro typed that stuff up, it sounded like DFN was completely destroyed, and you fought multiple Rockhoppers at once.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Alright, you should have specified that. Because, the way you and Zoro typed that stuff up, it sounded like DFN was completely destroyed, and you fought multiple Rockhoppers at once.
    yes im unclear sometimes.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I feel the need to tell the entire story on that one...

I was chasing Vaygr member Occarina in a Rockhopper, saw you post coords in chat and intended to engage both of you. I warped in, got a massive ping spike, and warped out after dropping Ace's shields and having mine nearly fall as well. I returned to the NFD homebase, docked, and logged off.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can we stop th e bullshit and put together a timeliness as BH suggested of just the basic details of who won, lost or draw. The details will be with each faction, but for the timing it needs to be basic and entries short to tell faction history, since there is alot. Once we have a short basic entry for each event, we can expand on key moments. Let's not get into details of who did what. I must say the illusive Laz and odium war was a draw, as the game updated and rendered many odium faction unable to play. And with each update, faction conflicts tend to end and start up with enough time to refit ships takes place.
    FD you run alot, please keys not get into little details.
    To clarify DFN not destroyed as lecic noted. ROE, requiem of elsenwald was destroyed, As an example.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    just the basic details of who won, lost or draw.
    I agree that, as a starter, or if the information is too heavily contested with no actual proof from either side, a simple X > Y works. However, after that is done, other info should be added, such as the number of players on either side, notable maneuvers, masses of ships, etc.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree that, as a starter, or if the information is too heavily contested with no actual proof from either side, a simple X > Y works. However, after that is done, other info should be added, such as the number of players on either side, notable maneuvers, masses of ships, etc.
    A good reference will the the old and new forum themselves, from what is already documented and be reviewed and the majority of news can be grabbed from there, some information needs clarification as the results may not be resolved or inconclusive. If a conflict is is inconclusive then is results on the time line is draw, we need proof, evidence and solid agreement on each event. This prevents one person or faction writing history.

Reaction score
    Zoro, you're the one adding things such as "-DFN destroyed." If you can't work collaboratively without putting blatant lies in, don't bother.
    ? I'm talking about the war that occurred on nasszone, we destroyed their entire fleet and home base. We won the war and they had nothing left. They left the server right after. Tell me how that is a blatant lie?

Reactions: aceface

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ? I'm talking about the war that occurred on nasszone, we destroyed their entire fleet and home base. We won the war and they had nothing left. They left the server right after. Tell me how that is a blatant lie?
    Both Vaygr and the DFN agreed to a white peace, and neither faction was anywhere near out of resources. The DFN homebase was respawned the day after you buildblocked it, with nothing lost. It was only after we had begun building up on Illusive to be closer to the rest of the UAF that you reneged on your declaration of peace and claimed that you won, to much debate among the community.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I have a feeling this thread is going to lead to a lot of arguing.

Hell, I've seen stuff that made me want to interject in a very aggressive and snarky manner.