A History of Factions

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    "- Cobalt Royalty and Vaygr empire have a small skirmish with the Thryn Monarchy and the Tartaran Expatriates. Cobalt Royalty and Vaygr were victorious. " -Aceface Pandora

I don't remember any skirmishes between us in April. Neither does Jaaskinal.
    I do.

The scheduled fighter battle.

Radar jammers don't work so well when someone brings an AI drone with lockon missiles. Lecic crashed repeatedly, Kark was pegged by a missile right off the bat, and I lasted a while only to eventually get shredded by the lockons myself. Note to self: Never assume a fighter battle is going to be a fighter battle.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I do.

The scheduled fighter battle.

Radar jammers don't work so well when someone brings an AI drone with lockon missiles. Lecic crashed repeatedly, Kark was pegged by a missile right off the bat, and I lasted a while only to eventually get shredded by the lockons myself. Note to self: Never assume a fighter battle is going to be a fighter battle.
    Oh yeah, that. A failed attempt at a scheduled fighter battle should not be on the timeline.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    December 28th 2013- The Brotherhood falls after battle plans against the DFN are are leaked to DFN high command within five minutes of their drafting. The final Brotherhood faction quits the alliance on January 4th, 2014.
    The Brotherhood Alliance did not fall because of leaked plans but because the Vaygr left to create the Odium Pact after the UAF fell apart. However the official end was after that incident and the The Brotherhood was brought into the plans against the DFN days after they had been first drafted. I honestly never planned on following through with that, I knew I had a mole and I was trying to sniff it out, turned out it was worse than I thought so I disbanded the Alliance and created the Republic based on the foundation of it but way more secure against sabotage attempts.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Brotherhood Alliance did not fall because of leaked plans but because the Vaygr left to create the Odium Pact after the UAF fell apart. However the official end was after that incident and the The Brotherhood was brought into the plans against the DFN days after they had been first drafted. I honestly never planned on following through with that, I knew I had a mole and I was trying to sniff it out, turned out it was worse than I thought so I disbanded the Alliance and created the Republic based on the foundation of it but way more secure against sabotage attempts.
    The time between the UAF disbandment and the fall of the Brotherhood relative to the incident makes me doubt that, as well as the fact that you change the story every time you mention it >_> looking at it, this iteration basically agrees with what I said.

Vaygr left within hours of my post detailing your battle plans, and the reason provided by them was that the alliance leaked like a barrel full of holes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Has the DFN ever won any official wars against a legitimate opponent? Just asking.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Has the DFN ever won any official wars against a legitimate opponent? Just asking.
    lol i like how people didn't know that you made CR, just your creativity of the logo:
    okey so i got my profile picture, i take that there, put that upside down woops spilled some ink, o well that dot looks nice
    done

the creation of the logo, added to the history of CR :p

Reaction score
    Noone ever reports losses, because losses are relative. Most people only see it as a tactical retreat. Takes a humble man to admit defeat. Just wish people would report losses for the accuracy of our history. Still going through our archives to assure accuracy and find any losses/wins. It's not about your reputation guys and gals its about telling the true story of factions.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433676399,1433676198][/DOUBLEPOST]Lecic could you add that Incap was able to take down one of our destroyers and a homebase turret another.

Skirmish with keptick lost 5 hades destroyers.

53k mass ships

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The time between the UAF disbandment and the fall of the Brotherhood relative to the incident makes me doubt that, as well as the fact that you change the story every time you mention it >_> looking at it, this iteration basically agrees with what I said.

Vaygr left within hours of my post detailing your battle plans, and the reason provided by them was that the alliance leaked like a barrel full of holes.
    Yes they left at that time but the Odium wasnt drafted over night. They asked me to join it with them a few weeks prior but I didnt like the ideals so I rejected the offer. And we all knew there was leaks, the battle plan incident just confirmed what we all ready knew.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    "- Cobalt Royalty and Vaygr empire have a small skirmish with the Thryn Monarchy and the Tartaran Expatriates. Cobalt Royalty and Vaygr were victorious. " -Aceface Pandora

I don't remember any skirmishes between us in April. Neither does Jaaskinal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ugh. Made a total mess of trying to add Great Novgorod Republic's history onto that. If someone could fix it, would be much appreciated.
    It went haywire as it seems to me that it only let me add all my suggestions separately.(each word separate for some reason)
    2014 January Markonian Alliance founded
    2014 February Markonian Alliance suffers defeat in 2 consecutive wars and the leadership flee the server.
    2014 May, Novgorod Republic of intergalactic space was formed on 2 servers by Markon and Councillor_Marek
    2014 September it was renamed to Great Novgorod Republic and moved to Ragnarok Galaxy (Tethys) Server.
    2014 October GNR moves to EE and stays there from then on, joining with 'GNR Colonists' faction.
    January 2015 GNR becomes a vassal/protectorate under NFD for protection and profit purposes due to a deal being struck between Kniaz_Markov and AdmiralBogatyr
    March 2015 GNR increases amount of allies and production to a maximum.
    April 2015 GNR-Vandal Alliance-Zoom Corporation close alliances formed.
    May 2015 GNR provides Markonius of Zoom Corporation with a sum of 40 billion credits for the war effort.
    Late May 2015 GNR once more recommends members to spread out and enter other factions for training while the faction is in maintenance

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I remember that :D My weapons got killed by the drone you guys brought along >.> Which was why I was hard to hit, since I didn't need to try to aim back. Would like to try again one day though.
    yeah maybe on shattered skies!

Reaction score
    Ugh. Made a total mess of trying to add Great Novgorod Republic's history onto that. If someone could fix it, would be much appreciated.
    It went haywire as it seems to me that it only let me add all my suggestions separately.(each word separate for some reason)
    2014 January Markonian Alliance founded
    2014 February Markonian Alliance suffers defeat in 2 consecutive wars and the leadership flee the server.
    2014 May, Novgorod Republic of intergalactic space was formed on 2 servers by Markon and Councillor_Marek
    2014 September it was renamed to Great Novgorod Republic and moved to Ragnarok Galaxy (Tethys) Server.
    2014 October GNR moves to EE and stays there from then on, joining with 'GNR Colonists' faction.
    January 2015 GNR becomes a vassal/protectorate under NFD for protection and profit purposes due to a deal being struck between Kniaz_Markov and AdmiralBogatyr
    March 2015 GNR increases amount of allies and production to a maximum.
    April 2015 GNR-Vandal Alliance-Zoom Corporation close alliances formed.
    May 2015 GNR provides Markonius of Zoom Corporation with a sum of 40 billion credits for the war effort.
    Late May 2015 GNR once more recommends members to spread out and enter other factions for training while the faction is in maintenance
    Councillor Marek you missed 2014 August Markonian Alliance leadership move to Ragnarok Galaxy server and the Jovian Imperium Wars.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yeah, we've already discussed this. It was a pre-planned battle with numerous technical difficulties and an unfair advantage on your side due to AI. I'm not putting it on the log.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, we've already discussed this. It was a pre-planned battle with numerous technical difficulties and an unfair advantage on your side due to AI. I'm not putting it on the log.
    My opinion isn't the final say, but I think if BaS is on there then there should be a note about that skirmish.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    My opinion isn't the final say, but I think if BaS is on there then there should be a note about that skirmish.
    Re-added, with some important information that was left out added.

Reaction score
    Anything on this getting pinned?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433761056,1433760368][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also like to annotate something for correction. Keptick was shot down by a turret during our incursion yes, however Zoro and myself proceeded with the titan battlegroup. When we moved in towards your homebase we did a quick scan and found Azeriah and one other warped behind us to catch us in an hammer and anvil attack. Rather than proceeding to the homebase we turned our attention to them. We engaged with Azeriahs ship dealing 60M Dps out of 340M shields in the first strike. Ultimately ending in zoro killing one on a scout ship and Azeriah warping due to significant size difference and outnumbered (I would have done the same) again we need to aim for historical accuracy. This is not about egos. Its about how we got to the point we are at now

Reactions: Keptick

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Anything on this getting pinned?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433761056,1433760368][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also like to annotate something for correction. Keptick was shot down by a turret during our incursion yes, however Zoro and myself proceeded with the titan battlegroup. When we moved in towards your homebase we did a quick scan and found Azeriah and one other warped behind us to catch us in an hammer and anvil attack. Rather than proceeding to the homebase we turned our attention to them. We engaged with Azeriahs ship dealing 60M Dps out of 340M shields in the first strike. Ultimately ending in zoro killing one on a scout ship and Azeriah warping due to significant size difference and outnumbered (I would have done the same) again we need to aim for historical accuracy. This is not about egos. Its about how we got to the point we are at now
    We had no scout ships and Neon was unscathed, but aside from that, that sounds about right.

Reaction score
    Ahh, thanks for the correction. I remember him being in a slightly smaller ship than yours. I guess I was using scout as a reference in size comparison. I could have swore neon died, however deaths and names aren't that important only ship losses. Either way it was a pretty fun engagement with yall being sneaky.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Ahh, thanks for the correction. I remember him being in a slightly smaller ship than yours. I guess I was using scout as a reference in size comparison. I could have swore neon died, however deaths and names aren't that important only ship losses. Either way it was a pretty fun engagement with yall being sneaky.
    Might've been some other guy who got killed across the galaxy if a nametag popped up. I think he was going after Zoro's ship. I just remember that both of us managed to dock our ships back at the homebase successfully after we got out of there. My ship had some minor internal damage where your punchthrough cannons put a few small holes in my main anti-hull gun (which was ridiculously overengineered, and ended up being a massive pain in the ass to patch - thank god Schema broke my favorite gun so I don't have to use that config anymore). Who'd have thought removing ten cannon blocks would have been so bad for its efficiency? :rolleyes: