A few things that can make gameplay more enjoyable

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    These things may have been brought up before and maybe being implemented soon anyway, I just wanted to go over a few things I would look forward to. These are just things that would change the gameplay. From what I really want to see in game to what may be nice to add.

1. Virtual Horizon
    I know Newton physics have been mentioned anyway, (I don't even know if this falls under that hehe) but this is the thing ill love to see the most. "This feature is used to verify that the camera is horizontally or vertically level. When the virtual horizon is selected a graphic showing the camera and the amount of rotation is displayed on the rear monitor. As the cameras level of rotation increases the display will change to represent the increase. This function is particularly useful when trying to ensure the camera is horizontal." (I just copy pasted that from Nikon. No hate.) Just take that concept and put it on a ship. Its basically a self righting system... What's that? there's no horizon in space? No up or down? well its a game, and its sci-fi, we have computers that do it IRL why not spaceships. Ok hear a girl out, I love to fly fast attack destroyers/Heavy frigates with rapid firing turrets, that's my thing (ill get to ship classes latter) This could help gameplay in Starmade a lot from mining to improving AI targeting later on.

All it is is pressing a button and your ship creates a virtual plains that it stays level to, when flying at speed than doing a fast hard left it would be cool and aesthetic if the ship rolled with the thrusters in that direction, it would give the feel and look of weight in the ship making some ships more intimidating as it turns towards its target. Now, how does this improve gameplay in anyway? as I said I fly fast, and I'm in love with the turret systems having a ship that rolls the way I want instead of this weird movement it has now + turrets makes it perfect. Also with mining since I do that in my spare time also. I have noticed that my ship likes to do strange stunts as I float round the space rock, I would like to strafe around with no added motion. Well that's number 1. now for a few others.

2. 360 Camera

Now I know this one has been said (hopefully) this is a simple but effective one, not much to go over in this one just basically a ball camera that you can use instead of the static ones. when using it I guess it'll be kind of like a tank turret, you turn your camera that way your ship follows it, like many flight games have already Maybe even have a button like, I dunno like "C" maybe that you hold down letting you look freely around with the ball.

3. Better AI

This one I already know is coming, its just something I'm looking forward to. What I don't know is if the players will be able to script them to change their behaviour. Apart from my fast attacking in my Paris-Class frigate, I'm also a Carrier type. I love to launch platoons of my own fast attack crafts. (I'm a heavy RTS player as well so tactics is cool.) Right now with the Bobby system its just 2 tabs, "who is your daddy and what does he do?" Right now I don't know if the "ship/Turret" tab works how it was intended. I don't know if someone has found a way to make ship AI work but its not very good at the moment although It would be awesome if there was a "Command module" added or something which looks like a holographic table that when more are added it increases the AI range around your ship and "Command computers" that add the amount of ships your cruiser can control. I would just want a command that would add the function "launch ships" and "dock ships" and they do it. (honestly that holographic table just popped into my head when I typed it... I sounds so cool.) This also maybe a way to make the crew do stuff instead of just floating around looking "useful"

Secondly with the better AI. I mentioned in the Virtual Horizon, it would help later on with AI. The Pirates basically and player fighter ships and fast attack vessels. Nothing grinds my gears more than a fighter that is stationary. its just floating there ready to be picked off by cannons. If it was moving and did evasive actions it would be cool and harder for players with direct firing weapons, especially if they had the virtual Horizon making it easier for players to control. Coming in for attack runs, dodging cannon fire, avoiding missiles, this is the future and it is glorious.

4. Batteries

No not charged batteries for backup power supplies (Just sayain). Batteries as in Cannons. Close range ballistics. Yeah I've thought about this for a while, its too over powered but in that while of thought. They are flow firing Direct explosives. No one can beat an old battleship gun. Here is how you can integrate them without making it too Op
    1. Turrets have an option to fire at "ballistics" not just missiles. (will increase use of flak turrets)
    2. Close range, its space and its a gravity/force based weapon. Its going to be slow but Pack-A-Punch.
    3. expensive, non energy weapons are hard to come by these days (missiles glow therefore are energy and cannons are basically plasma)
    4. reload is a slow.
    Now its like, you just nerfed the spacecow out of them so they are useless. No. I said they are not energy based. This game with all its glory needs at least 1 physical weapon. even if that is a piece of chicken. Or you could ditch the whole slow reload and give it a whole system for itself, such as loading racks, complex systems but yeah... physical weapons.

5. Sounds and animation

This is the most obvious out of them all. (Its as obvious as the B in obvious.) Its the little things. I want my engines to sound like a republic gunship. Not much to say really just want it to sound. yeah just sound. Its quite.

I had others but I cant think of them right now. Ill probably suggest them later.

Reactions: Jaycephus