a docking mechanic idea to fit docks into smaller areas

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am in total support of this idea. Docking mechanics need a rework.

Reaction score
    the cube edges are there for a reason. even if this 2nd cube gets implimented it still needs the regular, 1: it is easier, MUCH easier to make/ work with, and 2: the cubes are alot easier to deal with processing power wise because once hull damage is taken and mass is changed, you\'d need to start checksumming alot to prevent conflicts in data, and right now hitboxes do way more than enough of that. my idea was made in the interest of the people and the programmers, this wouldn\'t be a brand new mechanic like what you prepose, but an addition to a pre-existing one.

Reaction score
    What I would like to see, is a block for docking a ship or vesel that is not the ship core. Most of the desing players make need to have the core secured inside the hull, while rending the docking option prety much unavaliable. Adding a docking block would help in that matter.

Reaction score
    thats kiiinda called a docking module and does exactly that, its the green turret block.

Reaction score
    I love the idea of a second box inside the first.I\'m always having to mack massive space when all i ehant is to have a escape pod or small turret hidden in a recess on my ship.

Reaction score
    It\'s definately needed.

The way I thought it could be done is to be able to have sliders (like the Advanced Build Mode multiple blocks sliders) that allow the player to reduce - reduce only, except then increase up to the size allowed by the docking module and any enhancers from which it has been reduced - the green \"docking area\" box (I dunno what it\'s technically called, lol) in all 6 directions (well, 5).
    i.e. -x 1; x 1; -y 4; -z 6; z 0.

This way, if you\'ve got a docking area which is 9(W)x9(H)x21(L) and something docked which has 10 blocks behind it\'s ship core but only 4 infront, is only 5 blocks high and 7 blocks wide (3 blocks on either side of the ship core), the player could tailor that docking area to suit exactly what is docked there, allowing another docking area or hanger walls (for eg) to be placed closer.

I have a little \"sled\" that I use to nip to the shops in (lol) which only has: 1 wedge in front of the ship core; a faction block, power block and thruster block behind it; is only 3 blocks wide (more wedges and corners on the sides) and 1 block high. 3 of these is then only 9 blocks wide, 1 block tall, 1 block infront of the docking module and 3 blocks behind it (making the total docking area needed as 9x1x4(1fore 3aft), but my \"shuttle bay\" to hold 3 of these tiny craft needs to be 21 blocks wide (3x7 default docking areas), 7 blocks high (to fit a ship only 1 block tall) and 7 blocks long. :(

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have a little \"sled\" that I use to nip to the shops in (lol) which only has: 1 wedge in front of the ship core; a faction block, power block and thruster block behind it; is only 3 blocks wide (more wedges and corners on the sides) and 1 block high. 3 of these is then only 9 blocks wide, 1 block tall, 1 block infront of the docking module and 3 blocks behind it (making the total docking area needed as 9x1x4(1fore 3aft), but my \"shuttle bay\" to hold 3 of these tiny craft needs to be 21 blocks wide (3x7 default docking areas), 7 blocks high (to fit a ship only 1 block tall) and 7 blocks long. :(

Lolyep; hate that.