0.079 Freeze bug

Reaction score
    It seems that when the progam trys to render, or maybe load, a large number of blocks in the current sector/view, it tends to freeze up. I was playing with view set to 50, but when it froze up loading another sector with more asteroids, I tried lowering it to 30. The program behaved better in that sector (It hink it was 0,0,1), but when I went to another sector over, there was a large space station there, and the large number of blocks that came into view quickly froze the application again.
    I'm not sure if this is a memory problem or a rendering problem. Are the bloks loaded into memory as they come into the view range, or are they loaded when entering the sector?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,

Thanks for your report!
    for the next version, I re-wrote the renedering and loading system, so hopefully your bug is already fixed. I will release the new version shortly.
    Tell me if the bug is solved then or if it's still there in the new version.

cheers,
    - schema

Reaction score
    Yup, I'm not getting that freeze problem anymore, not even on maxed out settings. The blocks load way faster too :)
    Great work!