General dimensions: 75x41x41
The Ceres class is my first major project not drawing on an existing design. She will be the first of several based on the same general design principles:
The Ceres is a light jump-capable craft. She has a single captains stateroom, and four private berths. She can accommodate 5-10 in relative comfort if not luxury.
- Drive ring (Alcubierre/ Ion induction drive)
- Seamless exterior docking
- discreet engineering systems
- triaxial external reactor
- Attention to pressure control as though it mattered.
- Layered Armor over habitat sections
- Green/White livery.
- Logical doors for pressure control
- Jump-tube elevators on multi-deck ships
- Jump drive at 100%
- Scanners at 100%
- Air-tight docking with compatible modules and stations
The Ceres is outfitted with 2 PEMs (Planetary Expedition Modules) that can carry a pilot and six passengers to and from a planetary surface. The PEMs dock internally, each in its own fully enclosed bay.
The Ceres is equipped with light beam weapons, respectable shielding and reinforced layered armor, but she is NOT a combat vessel. She is designed to keep you intact long enough to activate her jump engines, but not to hunt pirates.
For those interested in mining, both the Ceres and her PEMs are equipped with salvage beams