The Hyena Class Scavenger was designed and developed for one purpose. The server I normally played on was resetting and I wanted something that I could build from the default starting resourses and some of the cash and be away from spawn as quickly as possible.
I had a checklist of what I wanted to achieve and I believe that I covered every point.
- It needed to be as close as possible to a 2.5 thrust to mass ratio
- It needed a multiple beam salvage array
- It needed plenty of cargo space so that it could be used as a cargo ship when I was ready to move on
- It needed a jump drive that may not be 100% efficient but would not cause power drain under normal circumstances
- It needed a Radar Jammer that could be used while charging the jump drive above
- It needed some shields and shield rechargers to help protect the ship, pilot and contents from a stray shot or two
- It needed to have a little scope for upgrade/modification
- and above all it needed to NOT look like a block of systems and little else
When I rejoined the updated server I uploaded the blueprint, and added what I needed from my default inventory. I then spent a couple of minutes buying from the spawn shop everything else I needed and still had money left over for a couple of build blocks, an undeathinator, some more faction blocks, rail basics and a few other odds and ends that come in handy when starting out. Five minutes later I was ready to explore the new universe and look for somewhere to call home.
*** With the NPC update you will have to check that certain items are available before you comit to adding them to the blueprint! ***
ASI Hyena Class Day One Scavenger 5.0
A Day One Salvager that can be built with the default blocks and cash.